Flyknit Chukka Thread

Anybody know if Solebox removes VAT? Want the black grey pair and would be nice to secure for 15 EU cheaper... 

Anybody know if Solebox removes VAT? Want the black grey pair and would be nice to secure for 15 EU cheaper... 

I don't think they do. I just got mine in yesterday (somehow the shipping from Germany took much shorter then the pair I ordered from cncpts in mass). The shipping only took a few days. Here is the packing invoice from ups:

View media item 1459936

Would anyone be interested in trading or buying my FSBs. They're the black with white swoosh and speckled sole. I went full size down thinking it would work out and it's definitely too small. They're size 8 and I'm normally a 9 in a lot of nikes. I wore em a few times to see if I could make it work but yeah I wanna get rid of em or trade for a higher size. Anyone??

Would anyone be interested in trading or buying my FSBs. They're the black with white swoosh and speckled sole. I went full size down thinking it would work out and it's definitely too small. They're size 8 and I'm normally a 9 in a lot of nikes. I wore em a few times to see if I could make it work but yeah I wanna get rid of em or trade for a higher size. Anyone??
Do you just not have any type of toe box room? Like your toes and heel push right up against the inside edge of the shoe? Just trying to get an idea on what size I'm gonna trade for.

Got the black/white ACG, went true to size, I think it's a decent fit. There is a half inch of room in the toe, but I don't mind because the flyknit is decently thick and it is a mid top so don't have to worry about slippage. I'm a little hesitant to get flyknit shoes with my toe right at the edge of the toe box because I don't know if my toe/toenail will wear it down faster.

Also a little disappointed they used a suede material for the toe and heel liner. Wish it was the fuse that was on previous models. I feel the suede will get very scratched up in "harsh" conditions.

Last edited:
Do you just not have any type of toe box room? Like your toes and heel push right up against the inside edge of the shoe? Just trying to get an idea on what size I'm gonna trade for.

If it helps, I am a size 9 in the flyknit racer, and I went full size down to size 8 in the fsb, and both pairs fit great. I will say though that one of them feels ever so slightly big. It should be noted that I have skinny legs and feet. I'm 5'8" & 135.

Got the black/white ACG, went true to size, I think it's a decent fit. There is a half inch of room in the toe, but I don't mind because the flyknit is decently thick and it is a mid top so don't have to worry about slippage. I'm a little hesitant to get flyknit shoes with my toe right at the edge of the toe box because I don't know if my toe/toenail will wear it down faster.

Also a little disappointed they used a suede material for the toe and heel liner. Wish it was the fuse that was on previous models. I feel the suede will get very scratched up in "harsh" conditions.
If it helps, I am a size 9 in the flyknit racer, and I went full size down to size 8 in the fsb, and both pairs fit great. I will say though that one of them feels ever so slightly big. It should be noted that I have skinny legs and feet. I'm 5'8" & 135.
I think I may try to track down someone with a 10.5 who'll trade with me then. I typically like half a thumb (.25 inch) in the toe box with my foot pushed to the back of the shoe. I bought a pair of Huaraches recently and only went up a half size and my right foot pushes right up against the toe box so I'm trying to avoid dealing with that.

Yeah my toes basically have no room. That's with thin socks too. It's just too snug for my liking. I'm trying to get a size 8.5 or maybe even a 9

ACG Chukkas came in today. Absolutely love them but a little bummed out my pair didn't come with the extra set of laces for some reason. But anyway on to the fit, I typically wear an 11 in my sneakers but the 9.5 actually doesn't fit too bad. Little more snug than I'm used to but my toes aren't jammed up against the toxbox or anything. Can anybody recommend me some thin casual socks? I usually wear Hanes ankle socks but these would probably feel even better with some thin socks.

^^ You went a full size and a half down and they still fit?
Surprisingly yes. Had no problem getting my foot in and like I said my toes don't hurt from being jammed up against the toe box or anything like that. I might try to trade someone for a 10 if I find someone willing. If not, I'll just wear these with thinner socks and live with them. I typically like half a thumb of space in the toe box so maybe that's why I was able to go down so small.

Ran across the FSBs the other day. Nice shoe. Anyone test the water resistance? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Ran across the FSBs the other day. Nice shoe. Anyone test the water resistance? [emoji]128064[/emoji]
I put it under a narrow stream of water from my sink...bounced off for the most part. As always, there are always going to be some droplets that get left behind, but overall, seems decently water proof (still easy to shake off).

I put it under a narrow stream of water from my sink...bounced off for the most part. As always, there are always going to be some droplets that get left behind, but overall, seems decently water proof (still easy to shake off).

Nice thanks! I was thinking it would go through the flyknit. Did they coat that as well?

Nice thanks! I was thinking it would go through the flyknit. Did they coat that as well?
I haven't worn them in the rain yet, but a majority of the water bounces off in my sink test. But after holding it under the water stream for 3 seconds, the flyknit feels kind of damp. I then felt the inside of the shoe and the inside of the flyknit also felt a little damp. The amount of water concentrated on one location on the shoe for 3 seconds under a constant stream of water is probably more than you would experience in any one location on the shoe while casually walking in the rain, but I think they will repel light-medium rain okay. They will probably be damp if exposed to water for a long time but they'll also probably dry quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom