FML... Vol:MBP Repairs

Bought the updated MBP in May and today I "used" Garbageband for the first time to make a ringtone and my left speaker blew out...the audio level was on 3. I thought it was the app so I closed GB and the speaker still wouldn't function. I made a repair request but I have to call them tomorrow. $250+tax for applecare?
sick.gif
Can I just buy that like a week before my limited warranty runs out? What's going to happen to my mbp/stuff on it? Right now I'm backing up my stuff but what I want to know is do they wipe it clean? If I restore from a Time Machine backup will it be EXACTLY how it was? Will my apps/settings/etc be EXACTLY the same? Also are they going to "repair" it or just half butt it? So 
mad.gif
right now. Big 
smh.gif
@ Apple. 

Bought the updated MBP in May and today I "used" Garbageband for the first time to make a ringtone and my left speaker blew out...the audio level was on 3. I thought it was the app so I closed GB and the speaker still wouldn't function. I made a repair request but I have to call them tomorrow. $250+tax for applecare?
sick.gif
Can I just buy that like a week before my limited warranty runs out? What's going to happen to my mbp/stuff on it? Right now I'm backing up my stuff but what I want to know is do they wipe it clean? If I restore from a Time Machine backup will it be EXACTLY how it was? Will my apps/settings/etc be EXACTLY the same? Also are they going to "repair" it or just half butt it? So 
mad.gif
right now. Big 
smh.gif
@ Apple. 

time machine will backup your apps/settings EVERYTHING.

by the way.. they'll only replace your speaker, they likely won't touch your files.

also, try a few things.

google: PRAM reset and SMC reset.

that MAY fix it...

and you have 1 year standard apple care. after 1 year, you're SOL. since you bought it in may, you're covered.

if you need anymore help, just PM me.

by the way.. they'll only replace your speaker, they likely won't touch your files.

also, try a few things.

that MAY fix it...

and you have 1 year standard apple care. after 1 year, you're SOL. since you bought it in may, you're covered.

also, try a few things.

that MAY fix it...

also, try a few things.

that MAY fix it...

They will reapair it cause your under your 1yr warranty. However I would advise you to buy the apple care as soon as possible, cause you will forget like one nt'er and some people i know. Its only $250 for 2 more years its that peace of mind. You can get applecare for cheap on ebay, but you gotta be careful of what sellers are selling you.

They will reapair it cause your under your 1yr warranty. However I would advise you to buy the apple care as soon as possible, cause you will forget like one nt'er and some people i know. Its only $250 for 2 more years its that peace of mind. You can get applecare for cheap on ebay, but you gotta be careful of what sellers are selling you.

Back
Top Bottom