FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Well, it might just be a European perspective on the shoe then. But European guys return the favor by buying up your inventories of classic runners! So it's a tie, lol.

But considering what I wrote about the hyped up items above - I feel like nowadays it's not so much about categories (basketball, running etc.) but more about perceived scarcity and connection to popular people with guys being honest about it. It's kind of ****ed up but at least self aware.
:lol: I’ll accept that y’all clean out our runners.

Basketball shoes these days definitely don’t sell out unless they are limited for the most part so I agree.
The current trend is runners so if it isn’t that then it’s not ideal for the trendy crowd.

For example, air max 97s and air max 1s are selling much better than they did when they retrod a few years ago.

I personally liked the way Nike handled the Air Maxes - make a bit of buzz for the kids in the beginning of the year and slowly bring them back in little bits. It's better than just releasing a minimal amount of pairs and leaving it at that. I wouldn't mind that release strategy with other "hyped" stuff in the future and maybe they are testing new grounds with this method of release. Please the hypebeasts for a little and then the overall crowd.

I think the trend of running sneakers will also stay for a little while. So Foamposite enthusiasts can probably be optimistic about getting their pairs next year.

what is kobe 2 level? LOL

Adidas crazy 2? yes.
Nike zk2? no way, not even among the kobe lines

The ugliest signature shoes from NIke/Jordan were melos, ALL of THEM!:rofl:

runners are more popular now in da states because joggers and slimmer clothing has been en Vogue for almost 10 years now.

what is kobe 2 level? LOL
2009120502285073499.jpg

Kobe IIs are for Adidas what Lord Voldemort is for the world of Harry Potter.

Edit: They'll never bring back Kobe IIs, lol. They are the reason Kobe left the company.

What? when? I completely missed that. They brought the Adidas "The Kobe 1" back a couple of years ago under the moniker "Crazy 1". The shoe they then called the "Crazy 2" wasn't the Kobe II but the Adidas KB8 II

What? when? I completely missed that. They brought the Adidas "The Kobe 1" back a couple of years ago under the moniker "Crazy 1". The shoe they then called the "Crazy 2" wasn't the Kobe II but the Adidas KB8 II
:lol: you're right. i got the previous kobe sig confused with the one we are talking about since they look so similar. repped.

No problem, I don't really like both either. But the reputation of the Kobe II is so rotten that Adidas would never bring it back. My favorite comparison as to how it looks is that somebody compared it to Homer Simpsons feet.

The only Nike model I know that can seriously challenge the Kobe II in terms of aesthetical unpleasentness is not even the Trainerposite (in my opinion the worst posite shoe by far, not counting the clogposite) but the Jordan 17 mule (which is funny because the 17 is one my favorites from the Jordan line)
$_1.JPG

Jordan 15's are up there too in the ugliest department.

Also on speaking about the ugliness of Foams... I remember being made fun of for the silver Duncan's total max foamposite or whatever they're called. Fools used to call them moon boots and other monikers :smh:

I was ahead of my time.

Now the Royal Foams were my unicorns... Oh how I wanted them badly yo OMG. This one older cat from around my way used to get money back from like FASTFA the CUNY college things not sure and I remember him cashing his checks heading to Jamaica Ave and getting the Royals and a brown leather Shearling coat :smh:

2 Suburbans and a hearse cause he was killing it.

What is considered ugly or not shifts a lot during the years. Remember when And1 brought that "Tochillin'" sneaker back in the day? I'm not sure what americans thought about them again but people around here didn't like those at all. Now those lifestyle shoes, a rubber or phylon sole with a full upper mesh build have a big market. And1 also, unfortunately in my opinion, influenced a lot of early 2000s sneakers that released during that time. With overuse of synthetic leather, patent leather and plastic pieces as support elements.

But either way - in terms of foamposite sneakers I think the original Foamposite and the Pro are the most aesthetically pleasing. The way the shoes feel after the foam has molded to your feet is exceptional and they are built like tanks. Second place for me is probably the Foamposite Lite, which a lot of older guys will probably disagree with. I think the Foamposite Lite having a prominent position in the Dunk contest also helped launch the Foam renaissance in this decade. Third is the Flightposite 2. The silhouette is hit or miss with colorways but all black and black/grey colorways were great.

My favorite use of Foamposite outside of the main line is not with the Lebron IV or XI but rather with the Jumpman Team Masterpiece. I think this was actually the only posite Jordan shoe besides the horrible Jordan 1 mashups at the beginning of the 2010s
Jumpman-Team-Masterpiece-2000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom