FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
CD7DE20B-6467-49C3-88C2-79761D2352A7.gif
I'm just mad that God created stupid.

Bro you ******ed.

Damn, a 40 year old calling me bruh, and using memes... acting like the world is flat when we just discussing the old shape and widely known knowledge..... - Precious.

You prolly the type to argue with glass acting like it don't exist.

Last edited:
Yeah. These hard. Just moved to atl area too, gonna be on the look out.
Welcome to Atlanta, bro. Yeah they look nice in pics. Really want to see em in person since glow in the dark soles is sometimes hit / miss in person.

We always had a small crowd of people wearing foams down here.. mostly alot of Js.... Adidas Yeezys.. Rarely I'll see anybody else wearing SBs down here, but quite a few times seen people wearing Foams. (Unless I'm up somewhere trendy, just talking on a day to day.)

Last edited:
Yeah
Welcome to Atlanta, bro. Yeah they look nice in pics. Really want to see em in person since glow in the dark soles is sometimes hit / miss in person.

We always had a small crowd of people wearing foams down here.. mostly alot of Js.... Adidas Yeezys.. Rarely I'll see anybody else wearing SBs down here, but quite a few times seen people wearing Foams. (Unless I'm up somewhere trendy, just talking on a day to day.)
Haven’t worn foams since 2012, I’m at a point where only the black joints excite me anymore. But yeah Atlanta’s a vibe, but most importantly cheaper.

The shape of Foams change a lot when Nike moved Foamposite production from Taiwan to China

It seems clear that making a new Foam mold doesn't guarantee the shape will be the same

Of all the stuff Nike fed to customers, all things considered, I kind of believe the mold story.

From a business standpoint, I can see why they don't care to fix the current issues.

I hear you but molds cost a grip (relative to Nike's pockets) and it might not be financially worth it for a model like the Foamposite.
Yeah I know, but that just means they should’ve taken better care of them, or should’ve been more accurate in making the current molds.

We’re always between a rock and a hard place with Nike |l

The shape of Foams change a lot when Nike moved Foamposite production from Taiwan to China

It seems clear that making a new Foam mold doesn't guarantee the shape will be the same

Of all the stuff Nike fed to customers, all things considered, I kind of believe the mold story.

From a business standpoint, I can see why they don't care to fix the current issues.

My only thing is... why the hell don’t they just fix it they have the resources clearly there invested in the foamposite they gonna start bringing it out on wild waves again

My only thing is... why the hell don’t they just fix it they have the resources clearly there invested in the foamposite they gonna start bringing it out on wild waves again
Ask yourself, what’s in it for Nike? To please an incredibly small percentage of their market that cares?

wouldn’t be the first time NW made up some bs 🤣
He got that from Niketalk. We were talking about here back in the day.. and how the original molds cost 750,000 per mold.. and the newer subsequent molds cost 250,000.. that's per size.

lost, destroyed, stolen in Taiwan. Who knows. But ultimately they made new molds to increase profit margins.

From what I remember they were destroyed.. I mean you can look it up. Alot of sneaker sites covered it.

He got that from Niketalk. We were talking about here back in the day.. and how the original molds cost 750,000 per mold.. and the newer subsequent molds cost 250,000.. that's per size.

lost, destroyed, stolen in Taiwan. Who knows. But ultimately they made new molds to increase profit margins.

From what I remember they were destroyed.. I mean you can look it up. Alot of sneaker sites covered it.
Fair, but he’s been caught telling blatant lies before.

Fair, but he’s been caught telling blatant lies before.
I mean people here said they were lost. From what I understood they were destroyed because Nike didn't plan to make more. It was ahead of its time.. the NBA had issues with it. I don't think Nike planned to retro em, so they simply destroyed/ didn't preserve the original molds.

I remember my mom buying me the original foams. They were 190 bucks which was unheard of back then. That's like 305 dollars today with inflation added. They were super expensive. And back then everything sat on the shelf and went to clearance. Due to how much the original molds cost, 750K per size. They made new molds, but cut down the costs to make money. Since the process of making foams is still today, quite fascinating. I mean it's basically a liquid shoe. It starts as a liquid that's heated to a certain temp. And the molds are stored upside down until they dry. There use to be a video of a Taiwanese factory making em on YouTube. Foams ain't even like literal shoe making or cobbling shoes.. it's chemistry/ science, involved. It was a bold concept that actually was lucky to see the light of day. They were basically slated to get scrapped .. and although they were Penny's shoe.. Tim Duncan debuted them . The history on Foams is amazing. I'd recommend anybody actually look it up, as opposed to me telling you.

That's fair. I don't watch too much of his vids. But I know he was active here back in the day before all our original screen names got deleted.

Last edited:
I mean people here said they were lost. From what I understood they were destroyed because Nike didn't plan to make more. It was ahead of its time.. the NBA had issues with it. I don't think Nike planned to retro em, so they simply destroyed/ didn't preserve the original molds.

I remember my mom buying me the original foams. They were 190 bucks which was unheard of back then. That's like 305 dollars today with inflation added. They were super expensive. And back then everything sat on the shelf and went to clearance. Due to how much the original molds cost, 750K per size. They made new molds, but cut down the costs to make money. Since the process of making foams is still today, quite fascinating. I mean it's basically a liquid shoe. It starts as a liquid that's heated to a certain temp. And the molds are stored upside down until they dry. There use to be a video of a Taiwanese factory making em on YouTube. Foams ain't even like literal shoe making or cobbling shoes.. it's chemistry/ science, involved.

That's fair. I don't watch too much of his vids. But I know he was active here back in the day before all our original screen names got deleted.

My parents refused to buy me Foamposites when I was a kid.

I did get Jordan’s every Christmas and birthday though so life was great.

My parents refused to buy me Foamposites when I was a kid.

I did get Jordan’s every Christmas and birthday though so life was great.
I had every single penny hardware shoe growing up.. the original Am infrared 90s when they released. Flight 95s. Bo Jacksons. Including infrared. Bo Jackson's. I wasn't a huge jordan fan til later. I had some but never wore em. Had the infrared 6s, and later I really liked the 14s as a kid.. My cousins would get Jordan's. So I got everything else, since I wanted to be unique. But I was a huge Penny Hardway fan. So I had all of his kicks. Yeah Life was great as kid whose parents could afford the best shoes. My mom use to yell at me when I told her I wanted Cortez or a pair of Air Forces. She'd force me to buy something more eJackson's.

The 90s was a golden time to be growing up in. (Luckily for me I was a big kid and wore adult sizes from early on. Because alot of kicks back then from what I remember didn't have kids sizes. The foams being one of them. Since rhen I still have never bought the royals because I already had them. I buy basically everything I didn't have.)

Last edited:
lol as if ANY nike retros are ever true to the original. Mold, no mold, abestos, whatever. Long as they still got the zoom and stacked zoom that's what's important IMO. The one pair of retros I've had that I'd say stacked up to the original was the 2019 Jordan 19 retro. I can't confirm if they had the double stacked heel like the OG but look and feel were both on point compared to the OGs I had. If y'all don't like retros then don't buy them. Easy as that. Personally, I love retros. Only way I can get **** that's not wearable or was hard to get in my size originally.

They aight.

What year did they make the change

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom