FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
A material change on any retro is going to be problematic when want most people want is there classic as it was when it first released. Totally changes the look of the shoe.
Eh. I think thats a case by case situation. Even still, not wanting a shoe that has a material change isn't the same as saying a shoe looks trash or cheap because of a material change (which is subjective).

Example: I don't think anyone is calling the 2001 bred/royal 1s trash or cheap because they had suede swooshes.

The threads biggest complaint with the new Metallic Reds is the leather eyestay.

When they retro'd the eggplants and coppers I complained about this new blue tinted outsole Nike loves now for some reason.
Ironically, that decision was consumer driven. Overwhelmingly people were restoring yellowed soles with a product that turned them blue so Nike just ran with "icy sole" concept for a lot of releases at that time.

Doesn't automatically make them trash.

Similarly, I wasn't a fan of the pearls being retro'd in a tan color instead of white. I still liked them as a shoe enough to rock.

I don’t care about the leather that much, it’s the sh*t looking “paint” job they did on these new ones

Ironically, that decision was consumer driven. Overwhelmingly people were restoring yellowed soles with a product that turned them blue so Nike just ran with "icy sole" concept for a lot of releases at that time.

Doesn't automatically make them trash.

Oh I don't consider them trash. But would I rather them be more true to their original counterparts? Absolutely

I think the bigger issue is they are taking colorways that were already released with nubuck and throwing the leather on them. Imagine them bringing back Royals with leather on them. Or for instance, a particular classic Jordan and changing the material on them.

I don’t buy many newer foams anyway because most of them look like hot garbage to me but I understand the complaints

I think the bigger issue is they are taking colorways that were already released with nubuck and throwing the leather on them. Imagine them bringing back Royals with leather on them. Or for instance, a particular classic Jordan and changing the material on them.

I don’t buy many newer foams anyway because most of them look like hot garbage to me but I understand the complaints
If they brought the royals back with leather Id cop and so would you :rofl:

We've gotten white cement 3s with clear outsoles and they're reselling for more than the re-imagined, 88s and 2011 retros.

We've gotten OG Jordan 1s in patent leather and satin material. JB is even about to release the Satin Bred 1s again this year.

they're releasing leather 4 black cements next year too. the 11 DMPs this holiday are coming with a leather upper instead of mesh.

If they brought the royals back with leather Id cop and so would you :rofl:

We've gotten white cement 3s with clear outsoles and they're reselling for more than the re-imagined, 88s and 2011 retros.

We've gotten OG Jordan 1s in patent leather and satin material. JB is even about to release the Satin Bred 1s again this year.

I mean I didn’t cop the last Royal so nah I wouldn’t. Not because of the leather but I don’t feel like I gotta cop whatever they release, especially with how the paint has looked on the metallics and PEs

I think the blue icy soles are good as it’s more resistant to yellowing. My pairs from 2017 are still pretty icy. My hologram foams from 2015 still look great even though I’ve worn them a lot.

Y’all can go ahead and save your “I told you so” comments, yeah they’re dope :lol:

FCD7509F-AFB9-4FE4-A232-533893E13AD8.jpeg

Nike been doing that with Jordan’s and other Retros for some time. I remember them Uptempos in ‘06 were leather when the OG is for sure Nubuck, i bought them in ‘06 (they were comfy, used to hoop in them). Nike has been known to remix stuff, sometimes it’s cool and sometimes it ain’t.

Back
Top Bottom