FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
These are way better than that pink mess

1724177402158.png

Wasn't they the DC/Baltimore joints?

Nike is gimmicky as hell and pandering to yall
They aren't pandering

They have been acknowledging it for a long while

In the early 2000s Black Foam Pros used to release early in the area, when they wouldn't have a nationwide release.

Gentry acknowledged it when he was in charge of NSW.

When I used to go to the Capitol Classic events early in the 2000s, when Jordan and Nike were heavy in promoting it, they Nike people in there would make jokes about the area buying up all the Foams and Nike boots they make. And having to tell people they don't know when of if the Foam Ones are coming back.

Hell when NT got started probably a good chunk of the people posting were from the DC metro area. There were a couple meet ups, and the pics were posted on NT. Like 70% of the people were were a Posite based shoe. Again, this was the early 2000s.

Foams being associated with the area and Baltimore has been a thing since the late 90s

DMV=Foams
NYC=Timbs

The AF1 with Nelly thing is pretty interesting and it seems the deeper into AF1s you are that changes. The masses not really into shoes associate them with Nelly, those into shoes associate them with Fat Joe, and those that probably heavily collect AF1s know that PG Knows has one of the deepest collections (minus some unknown collectors I’m sure)

They aren't pandering

They have been acknowledging it for a long while

In the early 2000s Black Foam Pros used to release early in the area, when they wouldn't have a nationwide release.

Gentry acknowledged it when he was in charge of NSW.

When I used to go to the Capitol Classic events early in the 2000s, when Jordan and Nike were heavy in promoting it, they Nike people in there would make jokes about the area buying up all the Foams and Nike boots they make. And having to tell people they don't know when of if the Foam Ones are coming back.

Hell when NT got started probably a good chunk of the people posting were from the DC metro area. There were a couple meet ups, and the pics were posted on NT. Like 70% of the people were were a Posite based shoe. Again, this was the early 2000s.

Foams being associated with the area and Baltimore has been a thing since the late 90s

IMG_1493.gif

As some know, DMV native here(PG county to be exact). Got my first ever foam based shoe in early 01, which was the charcoal/red Flightpisite 1’s in 8th grade. You couldn’t tell me nothing lol. But, my first ever foamposite’s were the Royal Pro B that came out late 01, but I got them early 02 in 9th grade. Of course, a hater broke into my locker and stole them..smh. I ended having to get the black FP3’s as a “replacement”, which wasn’t mad about and they were on sale for $110.

Now, we’re in 2004(mid 11th grade year). Working at McDonald’s near crossland high school. I ended up getting the all black Foamposites. I loved those shoes! I wore those to the ground. Back when foams were made in Taiwan and were extremely indestructible. Held up for almost 10 years. The soles just wore out, but the uppers were still intact. Now foams aren’t even the same anymore. The mystic of foams in the early 00’s were that they were popular, but not everyone had them. $170 was still somewhat unheard of for some shoes. Wearing foams back than was a status symbol. I really miss that era

Wale is not a designer, he’s not an ultra popular rapper, and his style is meh.

I say this as a DC native.
We all can list 3 "artists" with high profile collabs that would fit this same description or at least 2 out of the 3 things you listed. Even if this was true for Wale, his relevancy to sneaker culture cannot be understated. I would even say he was the first popular/mainstream successful sneaker head rapper. Not a rapper who bought alot of sneakers but a rapper who was really into and about the culture while also having bars and hit songs. Some would say Lupe but to me he was more fashion than being a sneaker head. But I'll accept either at the top of that list. I just say Wale because to me he has more sneaker moments and bars about sneakers than Lupe.

Back
Top Bottom