FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
As some know, DMV native here(PG county to be exact). Got my first ever foam based shoe in early 01, which was the charcoal/red Flightpisite 1’s in 8th grade. You couldn’t tell me nothing lol. But, my first ever foamposite’s were the Royal Pro B that came out late 01, but I got them early 02 in 9th grade. Of course, a hater broke into my locker and stole them..smh. I ended having to get the black FP3’s as a “replacement”, which wasn’t mad about and they were on sale for $110.

Now, we’re in 2004(mid 11th grade year). Working at McDonald’s near crossland high school. I ended up getting the all black Foamposites. I loved those shoes! I wore those to the ground. Back when foams were made in Taiwan and were extremely indestructible. Held up for almost 10 years. The soles just wore out, but the uppers were still intact. Now foams aren’t even the same anymore. The mystic of foams in the early 00’s were that they were popular, but not everyone had them. $170 was still somewhat unheard of for some shoes. Wearing foams back than was a status symbol. I really miss that era
You sound like me and a bunch of other kids in Pg at the time. you 05 I was 03. This was me in 03 when I use to burn the voucher program up! ( first foams in back)

Attachments

• 17242482010238445566356722745287.jpg
    17242482010238445566356722745287.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 498
Nah people outside of the DC/Maryland/Virginia area know that the DMV refers to that area. Maybe it's folks who live up in the northeast that understand.
I'm from NY, about to be 45 in 2 months, and I didn't know what the DMV you'll referring to meant until this very thread some years back when everyone was arguing who had the foam wave title, NY or DMV🤷‍♂️.

My elementary school and neighborhood was full Foams in 98-99. When they really putting out foams 02-03, it got ridiculous every _ in the highschool (Roosevelt) had at least one pair. All over PG county foams was by far the most popular shoe.

I don't know what y'all was doing in NY or Baltimore at that time but to say "DMV didn't rocking foams until...." Nah that's not true.

Last edited:
As some know, DMV native here(PG county to be exact). Got my first ever foam based shoe in early 01, which was the charcoal/red Flightpisite 1’s in 8th grade. You couldn’t tell me nothing lol. But, my first ever foamposite’s were the Royal Pro B that came out late 01, but I got them early 02 in 9th grade. Of course, a hater broke into my locker and stole them..smh. I ended having to get the black FP3’s as a “replacement”, which wasn’t mad about and they were on sale for $110.

Now, we’re in 2004(mid 11th grade year). Working at McDonald’s near crossland high school. I ended up getting the all black Foamposites. I loved those shoes! I wore those to the ground. Back when foams were made in Taiwan and were extremely indestructible. Held up for almost 10 years. The soles just wore out, but the uppers were still intact. Now foams aren’t even the same anymore. The mystic of foams in the early 00’s were that they were popular, but not everyone had them. $170 was still somewhat unheard of for some shoes. Wearing foams back than was a status symbol. I really miss that era

With the Solbiato and Bonidacci to go with it!

You sound like me and a bunch of other kids in Pg at the time. you 05 I was 03. This was me in 03 when I use to burn the voucher program up! ( first foams in back)
Yep! I definitely used to take advantage of the Nike voucher program. I definitely scammed the system by finding shoes, or people giving me shoes that were worn and I would make a “defect” and get the retail price voucher for that shoe as long as it’s within that 2 year window. It caught up with me in early 03(my 10th grade year), though. Nike caught on and threaten to take me to court, but thankfully my mom talked them out of it and that was an end of an era LOL. When you wanted the coolest shoes, but no job, you had to find a way…LMAO

I see you had the purple Hyperflights! Man, I remember coming into my 9th grade year (Oxon Hill High) and EVERYONE had either the Hyperflights(mainly the black pair) and the black/blue FP3’s. Literally, EVERYONE had one, or the other. Of course, me being the odd ball, I had the black/red Jordan 1’s. My brother bought them for me as my back to school shoe at shoe city in Iverson Mall. He got himself a pair, also.

We were def on foams no question before Nike started trippin. The reason also is bc had so many locals brands to match them with. Hobo, aja Imani, all daz, werone, mchunu, shooters, scraypuz, before that was ddtp, madness, rugged wear. Don't get started on the WB gear.

Still need these refurbished:

Attachments

• 2652.jpg
    2652.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
We were def on foams no question before Nike started trippin. The reason also is bc had so many locals brands to match them with. Hobo, aja Imani, all daz, werone, mchunu, shooters, scraypuz, before that was ddtp, madness, rugged wear. Don't get started on the WB gear.

Still need these refurbished:
You really took it back with WB. 99-00(my 7th grade year) had the DMV in a chokehold!

I'm from NY, about to be 45 in 2 months, and I didn't know what the DMV you'll referring to meant until this very thread some years back when everyone was arguing who had the foam wave title, NY or DMV🤷‍♂️.
You might want to leave the city once in a while, because that's pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom