FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

People are pointing out it is not authentic without pico de gallo.
everyone's authenticity would probably depend on the region they are from...

authentic to me is cilantro, onion, radishes, and green or red sauce with meat
authentic to others is cheese, sour cream, pico, guac etc

The pre-kit meals are for the lazy or people who just can’t cook. I wouldn’t buy it. Cooking chicken tacos isn’t hard at all. Very minimal effort imo.

that's a stretch...would be a good quick meal if out during lunch or getting home late.

authentic to me is cilantro, onion, radishes, and green or red sauce with meat
this is pretty standard add guac and thats pretty much it.
fish tacos usually carry cabbage, pico de gallo, a cream sauce, red salsa, with some lime squeezed over it. fish tacos sounding good right about now too :lol:

As long as it tastes good it shouldn't even matter forreal. (Not saying YOU are pushing that)

This. If you’re making something that’s only for personal/family consumption, not much should matter besides taste (and probably nutrition).

Worrying about the authenticity of food you’re cooking at home for yourself seems just a little hipster-ish to me...

fish tacos usually carry cabbage, pico de gallo, a cream sauce, red salsa, with some lime squeezed over it. fish tacos sounding good right about now too :lol:
Man them fish tacos in SD are :pimp:. I'm always craving that #%@^. I always get it when I'm in SD and they so are cheap.
We are in Santa Barbara right now & bout to leave for LA but I wanna blow past it for SD for some fish tacos :rofl:

Man them fish tacos in SD are :pimp:. I'm always craving that #%@^. I always get it when I'm in SD and they so are cheap.
We are in Santa Barbara right now & bout to leave for LA but I wanna blow past it for SD for some fish tacos :rofl:
Thanks for the info, wife always wants fish tacos when we are out there. However I don't eat fish tacos so I never have anywhere to go.
south beach grill langostino tacos are omg....so bomb
Is this the bar and grill over by the pier?

Man, when I was out there, I ran into a spot called OSCARS.

Hooked!!!!!

Mulitas look so good. I need to get some.

Yeah nah, just onions and cilantro, lime on the side. Anything else like salsa, radish, pico is optional. I do wish they didn't drain the juices off the meat though, that's the best part.

Speaking of tacos, my brother is at Tacqueria Honorio right now:
0-1.jpg

Haven't purchased ice cream in a long time.
Went to the local supermarket and was pleasantly surprised by the huge selection of flavors available now.

I settled on this
20190125_174143.jpg

Tastes better than I expected
Would purchase again.

the cheese makes it less authentic if anything

tacos that have cheese in mexico are called Caramelos or Mulitas and they typically use Queso Oaxaca which is very similar to Mozarella cheese

my go to meal at my local taqueria

3 carnitas tacos and 1 al pastor mulita :nthat:

i wish more spots served lengua tho

Back
Top Bottom