FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I have never seen the sausages get char action. Not editing anything.

I have eaten BBQ In Dallas, SA, Austin.

But I know that isn't the point of them .

I might need to request then being thrown on the grill to crisp.

From my experience when the casing gets chared, burnt or over cooked, the meat inside gets really dry.

Enjoy your BBWs

A new Waffle House opened up near us a while ago but we haven’t gone to it so we decided today. Not pictured are the waffles.
899F6D07-1178-4806-9B62-5E711DC6C276.jpeg

Son went to a kid’s bday party so we grabbed a bit at a local spot... Pizza fries & a mushroom cheese steak with provolone.
8FAA8E38-3824-459D-BE23-84620174B928.jpeg
F5543DB6-0124-4D95-B25A-0CA7C6DA8B5B.jpeg

How is the hot chicken at Shake Shacks? From benzilla427 benzilla427 pic, it looks like it's just soaked in hot sauce. Hard for me to compare anything to having Howlin Rays a few months back. Their sandwiches are more focused on the spices rather than a sauce.

I thought the hot chicken at shake shack was pretty spicey. Nothing too crazy but definitely packed a very solid punch.

I like the regular chicken sandwich better

How is the hot chicken at Shake Shacks? From benzilla427 benzilla427 pic, it looks like it's just soaked in hot sauce. Hard for me to compare anything to having Howlin Rays a few months back. Their sandwiches are more focused on the spices rather than a sauce.

I liked it a lot actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Howling Ray's is better, but I also didn't have to wait in line for an hour :lol:

It wasn't overly saucy actually. Here's Shake Shack's description for seasoning:

"The Hot Chick’n is crafted from an all natural cage-free chicken breast—no hormones or antibiotics ever—slow-cooked in a creamy buttermilk marinade, hand-dipped into Shack-made batter, dredged through seasoned flour and crisp-fried. The sandwich is dusted with a guajillo and cayenne pepper blend and topped with Louisiana hot sauce slaw, kosher dill pickles and served on (what else?) the same pillowy non-GMO potato bun that has cradled the classic ShackBurger since Shake Shack’s inception.”

Info on the instant Ramen

Brand
Process
Recipe
Eggs
Everything.

That looks divine

For real?
Okay I'll bite.

20190126_235421_HDR.jpg

Got it from HMart, an Asian supermarket.
The 2x flavor was used in the Spicy Ramen Challenge that was poppin a while back.

You boil the noodles for 5 minutes then pour out like 95% of the water. Put in the sauce/oil packet and continue to cook. Crack in an egg and stir. Top it off with the included seaweed and sesame seed packet. Sometimes I'll shred some cheese in there too.

Back
Top Bottom