FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Throwback Paella from Barca:
IMG_8412.JPG

Meat Skewer in Tokyo (think it was their rough take on Korean kalbi; ran me $5 but I don't give a bollox on vacation):
IMG_5226.JPG
I would pay $5 in America for that as long as it taste good.
Yo looks like even more went down last night :wow:

Catching up now. Seeing twitters and LinkedIns were pulled :lol:
DAMN hate trying to catch up where I left off on the new forum. I don't mind missing the jokes I just hate trying to find my last stopping point. I miss that about the last forum setup.

Who puts salt while cooking rice? My mom never did but I found out most other people do so.

if I’m cooking rice on the hurry i’ll put salt in the water
Wouldn't that just slow the boil time?

Anywho...decided to make something healthy for tonight/lunch at work tomorrow. Doing a chicken salad with Greek yogurt, honey, dill, scallions, celery, red grapes, lemon zest and slivered almonds on flax wraps. Not expecting to have my mind blown, but it should get the job done well enough.

I usually mix the veggies and ground beef.
The other seasoning that i forgot the name of is a medley called herb de provence. Thyme, basil, oregano, parsley, bay leaves..etc...

20190215_203106.jpg
Not sure how YOU do it, but I was told by a local chef that the best time to introduce seasonings to ground meat is when fat is present . So that would be at the end when all of the fat is in the pan.

Instead of draining it, let the seasoning bind to the meat through the fat.

I have been doing this for the last 6 months and I definitely taste the seasoned meat more now vs when I seasoned the meat at tghe beginning.

if ur referring to the meatloaf
it was seasoned
u just couldnt see cause that whole top layer was bacon
Here's what I don't get, though: why would you add the glaze when the whole thing was raw? Only thing that accomplishes is that it makes the bacon less crispy and renders out less fat.

Seems like cooking it without the glaze and then brushing it on at the end would be better.

Here's what I don't get, though: why would you add the glaze when the whole thing was raw? Only thing that accomplishes is that it makes the bacon less crispy and renders out less fat.

Seems like cooking it without the glaze and then brushing it on at the end would be better.
thats not a glaze though...............

Back
Top Bottom