FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Ribeye from Trader Joes. Picture looks like it is slightly overcooked but it was more pink than pic suggests

Messed up my grill marks

Roasted Purple/*******/Yukon
Onions and Mushrooms not pictured
20190216_173422.jpg
20190216_173830.jpg
ruined a perfectly good looking steak
trash
so trash
but u liking it the only think that matters so props

There's no juices or nothin.

Did u eat that plate just like that.
Onions and Mushrooms cooked/w a little soy sauce was added

String beans were eaten after I finished what was pictured.

The steak also sat for about 25 mins, so the juices didn't drip out when I cut it

Ribeye from Trader Joes. Picture looks like it is slightly overcooked but it was more pink than pic suggests

Messed up my grill marks

Roasted Purple/*******/Yukon
Onions and Mushrooms not pictured
20190216_173422.jpg
20190216_173830.jpg
Pics make it look like it's medium-well, at best, but that's what happens when you cop a thin-*** grocery store steak. Thin steaks are extremely hard to do properly. They either come out well-done, black & blue, or done right with a sad exterior.

They make for good practice, but if you're gonna buy a steak you owe it to yourself to hit up a butcher for a good cut.

Pics make it look like it's medium-well, at best, but that's what happens when you cop a thin-*** grocery store steak. Thin steaks are extremely hard to do properly. They either come out well-done, black & blue, or done right with a sad exterior.

They make for good practice, but if you're gonna buy a steak you owe it to yourself to hit up a butcher for a good cut.

THIS one was thinner than most of the ones I have bought from TJ.

But thanks for the butchers suggestion.

Went to whole foods for the first time today and it was whatever. All the cooked food looked and smelled bad for the most part. Only reason I would go back is for the meat selection. I was impressed with that. Never seen a Tomahawk steak in a store before

Went to whole foods for the first time today and it was whatever. All the cooked food looked and smelled bad for the most part. Only reason I would go back is for the meat selection. I was impressed with that. Never seen a Tomahawk steak in a store before

Their brisket is cool. I usually do that, brown rice, and a veggie. Nothing special though

Pizza is solid, but you have yo ask them to cook it more.

Whole Foods is straight if you stick to the perimeter (for the most part).

Produce is legit, meat/seafood selection is better than your average grocery store, cheese selection great, breads are very good.

Everything else is a pretty easy pass besides some of the spices that are harder to find elsewhere and the Waterloo seltzer. They also have a nice oil/vinegar selection.

Their pre-made stuff is especially garbage aside from a few of their soups.

My cousin used shallot vinegar on those veggies yesterday. I didn't know that even existed. He also hit em with salt, blackpepper and garlic powder. But the shallot vinegar threw me for a loop.

Any of y'all use it outside of oysters?

Never eat the whole foods cafeteria food. That stuff is gross. Especially random people who I’ve seen poke thier dirty fingers into the food.

Their brisket is cool. I usually do that, brown rice, and a veggie. Nothing special though

Pizza is solid, but you have yo ask them to cook it more.

The one by me also has decent sushi, but it’s just as expensive as if you get it from an actual sushi place (which are plentiful), so it’s kind of not worth it.

I also have a pet peeve about the Whole Foods salad bar, which is that they dont’f chop the vegetables up small enough. Everything is in big chunks or whole; not my preference.

Back
Top Bottom