FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Do your own research.
Says “too much hot sauce is bad for you” but gives no proof.

289A1381-1125-4E61-9A1D-6CAABBAB07F3.gif

We’ve been here before with this....

#PepperGate

TRADITIONALLY (meaning not 100% of course)

Is there a correlation between pigmentation and spice tolerance?

@Bend_The_Knee what do you think?

@ninjahood

I didn’t develop a taste for spicy food until I was in my 20s. My mom did most of the cooking for our family while I was growing up and she doesn’t like spicy, so it just wasn’t something I was exposed to much. I didn’t really think about it.

Got older and more adventurous with trying new things and learned I like some heat in my food. Over the last 20 years I think I’ve developed a pretty good spice tolerance. But there some stuff I definitely don’t mess with. Like I’m not gonna take a Ghost Pepper to the head just for ****s and giggles.

So basically my theory is, based entirely on my own life experience, is that, in general, people of other ethnicities get exposed to spice/heat earlier, so get a head start on developing spice tolerance. Some white folks like me can get there, but have to make more of an effort to develop the spice tolerance.

I kid you not I have a white friend that sweats when eating pepperoni pizza
But also the friend I have that puts down the most irrationally hot stuff is white too.
I used to work in a nursing home and the old Irish people would never go to the pizza parties they hosted because it was "too spicy."

They only purchased plain pies. :lol:

Says “too much hot sauce is bad for you” but gives no proof.

289A1381-1125-4E61-9A1D-6CAABBAB07F3.gif

We’ve been here before with this....

#PepperGate

Too much can be bad

"Guys can get hung up on whether they use too much hot sauce. But it's not how many times you use hot sauce in a week (or day) that really matters, says Logan Levkoff, PhD. It's how it fits into your life.

If you you consume hot sauce many times a day and have a healthy, satisfying life, good for you. But if you use hot sauce many times a day and you're missing work or giving up on sex with your partner because of it, consider seeing a sex therapist."

I'm as white as Brooke Shields and I love spicy foods. Only thing stopping me from eating them more frequently or in larger quantities is that I'm washed and get acid reflux. :smh:

Y'all wylin. That Halal Guys hot sauce is spicy. The amount they put on it themselves is whatever but asking for extra and it's too much.

Too much can be bad

"Guys can get hung up on whether they use too much hot sauce. But it's not how many times you use hot sauce in a week (or day) that really matters, says Logan Levkoff, PhD. It's how it fits into your life.

If you you consume hot sauce many times a day and have a healthy, satisfying life, good for you. But if you use hot sauce many times a day and you're missing work or giving up on sex with your partner because of it, consider seeing a sex therapist."

Anyone can become sex therapist and get a PhD. Just read a bunch of books.

I don’t agree with seeking a sex therapist giving me advice about my hot sauce consumption.

Back
Top Bottom