FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

#peppergang checking in. Just started up a fresh batch of caramelized onions:
0.jpg

Got a real nice ribeye today so I'm doing that in the cast iron with butter/garlic/rosemary/thyme along with roasted Brussels sprouts. Wanna do something a little different so I'm topping the steak with the caramelized onions and some crumbled blue cheese. Probably gonna make my own steak sauce to drizzle on top while I'm at it.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford Why not dice your onions to caramelize?

I was once told, "Nobody likes large pieces of onions."

Let me see if the culprit even remembers he told me that.
Mostly because it's annoying to add that step, but also because there's not a huge texture component with caramelized onions when they're done right. The cut doesn't make a huge difference. You could dice, make full slices, or cut the way I did and the end product won't be remarkably different.

I kind of like them when they're stringy and spreadable.

You ever try to work with a belt, an oversized wrestling shirt, and a fanny pack all in the same region?

It's a mess. Something's gotta give.
:lol: Man yall got some helluva imaginations.

If you ever see me tuck a shirt in, call me Uncle Rukus.

And how did yall throw the Fanny Pack on me :lol:

Last edited:
As long as they’re cooked, I’m cool with big pieces of onion. I think cooked onion is delicious and I put big pieces of it in lots of stuff - pasta, curry dishes, fajitas.

Raw onions, however, are a little too strong to eat in large chunks. Prefer those diced or thinly sliced if I have them on a sandwich or in a salad.

l use the cheese slice as a barometer when trying new pizza spots.

If they can’t make a good plain slice then I don’t bother trying anything else from them.
I do that with pepperoni. That is my default pizza choice.

@macBook , I arrived in NY @ 5, had to be at MSG at 7.

Stayed in Hells Kitchen, bus was 11 am Sunday.

Just didn't make it

Back
Top Bottom