FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Baked scotch egg
4C752453-3D26-43B0-B597-2649767C728E.jpeg

No Saturday hours :frown:

Dude probably makes a KILLING during the week. Next time I'm off, I'll have to make my way down there to give it a try. Pics of his fold looked amazing.

Telling you bruh. When you finally get a chance to try it report back.

Looking at my Amex card transactions
I noticed the amount that was authorized
Was more than my bill
So I search for my receipt
From when I went to Tony’s on wed
And seems like my server gave himself a $30 tip
I commend him for the effort
But better believe I’m calling Tony’s tomorrow
Amex already corrected the charge
And getting in touch with the merchant tomorrow
But I’m calling Tony’s tomorrow when they open
That’s completely unacceptable
Dude initially messed up my family’s order
And still he felt compelled to change
what I wrote on the receipt
From now on
I’m writing NO TIP on the tip line
Not just 0000 with a line through it
The original bill was 155.73
Dude changed 1 of my 5’s to a 8
To get a $30 tip
Dude potentially could get fired
Over $30 damn shame
Oh well sucks for him
Get that ***** fired B

Looking at my Amex card transactions
I noticed the amount that was authorized
Was more than my bill
So I search for my receipt
From when I went to Tony’s on wed
And seems like my server gave himself a $30 tip
I commend him for the effort
But better believe I’m calling Tony’s tomorrow
Amex already corrected the charge
And getting in touch with the merchant tomorrow
But I’m calling Tony’s tomorrow when they open
That’s completely unacceptable
Dude initially messed up my family’s order
And still he felt compelled to change
what I wrote on the receipt
From now on
I’m writing NO TIP on the tip line
Not just 0000 with a line through it
The original bill was 155.73
Dude changed 1 of my 5’s to a 8
To get a $30 tip
Dude potentially could get fired
Over $30 damn shame
Oh well sucks for him

What was his name

I think we all should call up there and complaint about his customer service to make sure he loses his job.

He needs to pay

Kinda brazy/overreactive to get a guy fired over something that could have been a legitimate mistake. 5 and 8 are located above and under each other on what I assume was a dial pad.....

Definitely an overreaction, especially since you caught it and were reimbursed.

But if the employee did try to get over then he is an idiot. If someone leaves zero tip on a large bill, you should know that they keep a close eye on their finances.

Still not worth getting someone fired.

Kinda brazy/overreactive to get a guy fired over something that could have been a legitimate mistake. 5 and 8 are located above and under each other on what I assume was a dial pad.....
Explain how it coudl've been a legitimate mistake? He not spose to be altering a receipt. Fire that ***** B.

Definitely an overreaction, especially since you caught it and were reimbursed.

But if the employee did try to get over then he is an idiot. If someone leaves zero tip on a large bill, you should know that they keep a close eye on their finances.

Still not worth getting someone fired.

The employee only gonna keep repeating the same finesse behavior with other customers.

If im the boss, he’s fired.

Explain how it coudl've been a legitimate mistake? He not spose to be altering a receipt. Fire that ***** B.
The fact that the price of the receipt was altered in the first place should tell you that they had to manually enter IT into the system. A mistake could easily happen when inputting the price for the receipt. Think about IT. He said they changed a 5 to an 8, look at where those numbers are located on a dial pad. Why give yourself a $30 tip when it could've been something higher for the hell of it or lower for the sake of not being too obvious.

Yall swallow anything without putting any thought into IT, buncha sheep, the lot of you.

The fact that the price of the receipt was altered in the first place should tell you that they had to manually enter IT into the system. A mistake could easily happen when inputting the price for the receipt. Think about IT. He said they changed a 5 to an 8, look at where those numbers are located on a dial pad. Why give yourself a $30 tip when it could've been something higher for the hell of it or lower for the sake of not being too obvious.

Yall swallow anything without putting any thought into IT, buncha sheep, the lot of you.
A mistake could also easily not have happened. I'm calling and getting down to the situation regardless .If you cool with getting got, good for you.

Or did he change the 5 to an 8 because he could fall back on the location of those two numbers on the keypad as his excuse?

:emoji_thinking::emoji_spy:

A mistake could also easily not have happened.
You have nothing to prove this

I'm calling and getting down to the situation regardless .If you cool with getting got, good for you.
He didn't get got, he had his CC charged back. You made a dumb point, just let IT go. Nobody's gonna think you're dumber than what you've already shown yourself to be.

Last edited:
You have nothing to prove this

He didn't get got, he had his CC charged back. You made a dumb point, just let IT go. Nobodies gonna think you're dumber than what you've already shown yourself to be.

And you are already a nobody. You have nothing to prove the **** you said as well. A dumb point of his receipt being altered? You just typing to type. Bruh over here typing mad sounding like the employee :lol:

@B Sox I'm curious as to what you thought of Halal Guys.

I've had plenty of Halal cart food in NYC, and the Halal Guys location that I went to in FFX was AWFUL. To me, they're obviously running their store front business in NOVA off the fame of the 53rd/6th cart, but they're putting one over on folks who have never had good halal cart food with an inferior product, IMO.

I can also confirm halal guys in houston,tx is garbage. Ive had the original halal guys in nyc and its nothing like here in houston.

I've never had the OG in NYC and this is only the second storefront one I've been to. The other one was in New Orleans.

I enjoyed it and will go back. Don't really have anything to compare it to though.
Wonder what's with the change in quality. The one out here in Cali is cool

And you are already a nobody.
You sound really angry here, perhaps you've been had in the past by waiters. Would explain the prejudice you seem to have against them.

You have nothing to prove the **** you said as well. A dumb point of his receipt being altered? You just typing to type. Bruh over here typing mad sounding like the employee :lol:

I'll state this one more time since you seem to be having a hard time reading. If the receipt couldn't have been altered then how did the waiter change his price? Mistake or not, that can't possibly happen without the waiter having to use some sort of a dial pad which leaves open the possibility of a mistake and not him trying to get one over on toilet disney. Which was the whole point I was trying to make.....

Back
Top Bottom