FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

They got a manager now? must've expanded like crazy then. Used to just be the head chef who was a white dude who was cooking too or sometimes the Owner Victor Albisu who's a chef in DC would pop in.

:lol:

To be fair, I’ve never gotten plantains with lomo saltado and I’ve been to a ton of Peruvian spots.

They didn’t give you none of that creamy, spicy green sauce?

Me neither, it was just a NT joke cuz a serving of plantains would have been too much.

And nah they didn't offer any type of sauce. I asked for hot sauce and it was surprisingly hot.

FBC71CF3-0D05-4BE1-94D9-7EA5251E7714.jpeg
Quick snack before hooping

Beef pattie cocoa bread & pineapple ginger

Me neither, it was just a NT joke cuz a serving of plantains would have been too much.

And nah they didn't offer any type of sauce. I asked for hot sauce and it was surprisingly hot.
They did you dirty then. :smh:

Next time you hit a Peruvian spot, make sure to ask for the aji verde if they don’t provide it off rip. Sauce is a staple with Peruvian food and it really accentuates the meats if made right.

FBC71CF3-0D05-4BE1-94D9-7EA5251E7714.jpeg
Quick snack before hooping

Beef pattie cocoa bread & pineapple ginger

Man! The Jerk Spot in Culver City ran out of cocoa bread yesterday.

I was pretty blown about it but the overall quality of their food and perfect jerk sauce made up for it entirely.

Jerk chicken (with 2 plantains :rofl:)
38A023CF-BC14-4FB6-97D9-998BA86F2142.jpeg

Curry chicken (veggie and chicken patties barely pictured but incredible nonetheless)

E1C37669-93C6-44BC-B7D6-E6AAA96C9B90.jpeg

Man! The Jerk Spot in Culver City ran out of cocoa bread yesterday.

I was pretty blown about it but the overall quality of their food and perfect jerk sauce made up for it entirely.

Jerk chicken (with 2 plantains :rofl:)
38A023CF-BC14-4FB6-97D9-998BA86F2142.jpeg

Curry chicken (veggie and chicken patties barely pictured but incredible nonetheless)

E1C37669-93C6-44BC-B7D6-E6AAA96C9B90.jpeg
how much that plate cost?

Jerk and curry were $10

Patties were $2.75 each.
I aint gonna lie to you bruh, but you got jerked on the serving portions especially for that price.

Google image nyc Jamaican food and you’ll see the difference night and day.

Hope it taste good though!

Y’all see what he did there?

I was satisfied, super full and felt like I got what I paid for.

Quality > Quantity

Anyone that’s gonna be too worried about price should stay home and eat.

Appreciate the concern though.

Nah **** that, I want my quanitity . $10 isn't a bad price for a plate tho.

$10 seems pretty standard to me.

Under no circumstance would I accept a huge portion of average food just because the price is “good”.

Most spots in Cali, an Oxtail plate running you 18 and up. The Jerk Chicken I posted the other day ran me for like $14

Most spots in Cali, an Oxtail plate running you 18 and up. The Jerk Chicken I posted the other day ran me for like $14
i guess you cali cats dont have a oversaturated amount of Jamaican cuisine.

A large plate of jerk chicken can run to $10 -$12 depending in the mom&pop establishment, but no more than that in nyc.

Back
Top Bottom