FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Free food is free food

Yea true but I wasnt expecting it to be olive garden

Olive garden isn't cheap and not nearly as bad as y'all pretend it is.

You know folks in here HAVE to use #NTExtremes when it comes to chain stuff. Typical Afternoon.

I swear when people bad mouth spots, there was a way for them to do a blind taste test to see if they honestly know what they are tasting vs. just being holier than thou

Wasnt saying it was bad bc its not, I like the Mushroom Ravioli lol but I was expecting them to take us somewhere nice given the fact I always treat them to nice places. Thats all I was saying.

I've never actually had Olive Garden and I'm sure it's not that bad, but I would never take anyone out to a big chain restaurant when there are independently owned restaurants just as close.

Not a thing of being "bougie" as much as it is supporting local businesses in an industry that has notoriously high rates of failure. The food is probably gonna be better too, so I don't mind spending a little more per person.

Made some homemade pizza last week. Dough was fresh from the grocery store and made the sauce with San Marzano tomatoes, EVOO, basil, oregano, S&P, and a little red wine. Toppings were fresh mozzarella, italian blend cheese (fontina, parm, mozz, romano, asiago, and provolone) bacon, pepperoni, red onion, banana peppers and sausage.
upload_2019-6-3_13-53-3.png

upload_2019-6-3_13-53-34.png
upload_2019-6-3_13-54-1.png
upload_2019-6-3_13-54-22.png
upload_2019-6-3_13-54-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-3_13-52-12.png
    upload_2019-6-3_13-52-12.png
    976.4 KB · Views: 5
Made some homemade pizza last week. Dough was fresh from the grocery store and made the sauce with San Marzano tomatoes, EVOO, basil, oregano, S&P, and a little red wine. Toppings were fresh mozzarella, italian blend cheese (fontina, parm, mozz, romano, asiago, and provolone) bacon, pepperoni, red onion, banana peppers and sausage.
upload_2019-6-3_13-53-3.png

upload_2019-6-3_13-53-34.png
upload_2019-6-3_13-54-1.png
upload_2019-6-3_13-54-22.png
upload_2019-6-3_13-54-49.png
thumb is trash
on second look pizza is decent
congrats

Just wanted to share this little story.

So my girls father and mother call up early last week and is like leave Sunday afternoon open, Im taking you two to lunch. How does Italian sound? I go great! See you Sunday. Sunday comes we pick em up and I say where are we going? Homie goes Olive Garden. :stoneface:

My dude I take ya’ll to these nice places all these years and you whip out Olive Garden? You cheapskate.

Stuck a quarter up my *** and played me.
And had you drive. Pops knew what he was doing.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford pizza looks great man. Homemade dough or store bought? Also, I see you with the sesame seeds. Best Pizza nod? :nerd: :lol:
Actually bought that dough from Umberto's in New Hyde Park on the way back from Brooklyn. I don't cook/work with dough a whole lot so I'm still learning.

Had a little bit of a wake-up call this past Friday though. Left work early because I was coming down with strep and when they took my BP at the urgent care spot it was 142/92. I was admittedly stressed at the time, but I didn't expect it to be that high. Got my antibiotics and went back to work on Sunday. Re-checked my pressure and it was 138/88. Not alarmingly high, but enough to make me realize I need to make some dietary/lifestyle modifications. Went out to the grocery store today to load up the fridge with healthy snacks/recipe ideas. #eatlikeyouhateyourself is on hold until further notice.

Just wanted to share this little story.

So my girls father and mother call up early last week and is like leave Sunday afternoon open, Im taking you two to lunch. How does Italian sound? I go great! See you Sunday. Sunday comes we pick em up and I say where are we going? Homie goes Olive Garden. :stoneface:

My dude I take ya’ll to these nice places all these years and you whip out Olive Garden? You cheapskate.

Stuck a quarter up my *** and played me.

How old are they? A lot of elders don’t know about good, authentic food spots and think chain restaurants are good. Depending on how old they are, they may have genuinely thought that Olive Garden was fancy.

How old are they? A lot of elders don’t know about good, authentic food spots and think chain restaurants are good. Depending on how old they are, they may have genuinely thought that Olive Garden was fancy.

They are 50 and 47 respectfully. Father knows better, hes just being him. And I’ll leave it at that. :lol:

There's this too. About a year ago my aunt was in town from out of state and my mom rounded everyone up to go out to eat one night. Her choice? Applebees :smh:. Why? She was looking for a place that had good "comfort food" neglecting the fact that she lives closer to a legit pub on the water than the highway strip mall with the chain restaurants. Ended up saying I wasn't all that hungry and didn't order anything.

Any NYC folks been to Buvette in the West Village on Grove? Co-worker recommended the spot tonight. French tapas by Chef Jody Williams, he says it feels like you're whisked away to the heart of Paris. Foie gras, tartare, etc.

Fried Plantains

Crisp outside, custardy inside. Gonna let the plantains turn completely black next time. They were sweet but still had a little tartness to them. Also, will use less oil. Good nontheless

20190603_165043.jpg
@Bad Moon Rison would call those burnt.

They look good.

Just bought some GREEN Banana last night, will make some Tostones soon.

Back
Top Bottom