FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Reminds me i never posted my food in here.

Here are 2 dishes i had in Rome

First is a Jewish delicacy which is a deep fried artichoke it was actually pretty good. Second is some pasta

58781486_438380153586625_2911282073366953984_o.jpg
57624945_437595100331797_8745899758054277120_o.jpg

Bougie? wut.

It's food. It's almost as subjective as music. Just because someone doesn't like it doesn't make them "holier than thou." :lol:

how you gon get mad because someone treated you to OG and you think you deserve better? :lol:

and another one said they went to applebees and said they aint order nothing because it was applebees :lol:

In this case, it’s a matter of context.

OP of the #OliveGardenGate debate said he treats the in-laws to nicer establishments all the time and then gets taken to OG in return.

I can see where the frustration lies. :lol:

9G isn't horrible... it's just not worth the $ for what it is. If you live near any major cities there are bound to be some authentic Italian joints in the same price range.

Applebees is just straight trash. I only go when they have $1 long island, and I might get an app if they're on sale. Friday used to be decent but the ones here in CO is trash. Chilis is usually ok.

In this case, it’s a matter of context.

OP of the #OliveGardenGate debate said he treats the in-laws to nicer establishments all the time and then gets taken to OG in return.

I can see where the frustration lies. :lol:

yea i can see the frustration but its the thought that matters right? :lol:

idk how deep his in laws pockets are to his maybe thats what fits the bill.

9G isn't horrible... it's just not worth the $ for what it is. If you live near any major cities there are bound to be some authentic Italian joints in the same price range.

Applebees is just straight trash. I only go when they have $1 long island, and I might get an app if they're on sale. Friday used to be decent but the ones here in CO is trash. Chilis is usually ok.

TGI and chilis used to be my go to spot :nthat:

But i rank all them the same OG Chilis TGI AB they were good during their times,

its just now the younger generation is coming up and more health conscious i would say and more into avocado toast, gluten free menus, organic meat etc... :lol:

I remember when i told wifey remember when we first started dating we would have a ball in AB or OG off the 2 for 20 ordering cheap drinks. Now every time we go out to eat im making reservations and dropping a bill cant even get her into AB OG etc anymore. I done spoiled the hell out of her :smh:

This is a common theme vs. CHAIN food though. This isn't a one time thing

I'm personally case-by-case when it comes to chains. There are some I don't mess with at all, some I mess with but I only to a certain degree, and then some I'm cool with the entire menu.

Bougie? wut.

It's food. It's almost as subjective as music. Just because someone doesn't like it doesn't make them "holier than thou." :lol:

yup.

haven't been to chain in years and don't plan on it

only chain I mess with is Boiling Crab from time to time, even tho San Pedro Fish Market >>> way better

My solution would be to order a bunch of drinks first and get trashed then order a couple of appetizers and be good.
I dislike trying to eat a meal when I'm drunk or on my way there. It's not the same and has a weird feel.

Usually gives me an upset stomach and is the road to throwing up.

Last edited:
Shiiit, getting food after you're drunk is great... I'm not usually very picky at all as there are few spots open. Now if you're on the verge to drinking until sickness that's another story, but the right foods can usually help with that too...

I'm debating if I want to make chicken tacos tonight or just go back to the Plentea and get another lemongrass chicken sandwich and a different tea...

Just wanted to share this little story.

So my girls father and mother call up early last week and is like leave Sunday afternoon open, Im taking you two to lunch. How does Italian sound? I go great! See you Sunday. Sunday comes we pick em up and I say where are we going? Homie goes Olive Garden. :stoneface:

My dude I take ya’ll to these nice places all these years and you whip out Olive Garden? You cheapskate.

Stuck a quarter up my *** and played me.

Are they broke or do they just have primitive palates?

What did your girl say about it?

Back
Top Bottom