FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I've never heard of cream of crab soup. Is that a specialty at the spot you went to?
She-crab soup is a rich soup, similar to bisque, made of milk or heavy cream, crab or fish stock, Atlantic blue crab meat, and (traditionally) crab roe, and a small amount of dry sherry added as it is plated. It may be thickened either by heat reduction or with a purée of boiled rice; it may also include such seasonings as mace and shallots or onions. The soup is a regional specialty from Tidewater, Virginia, the South Carolina Lowcountry and Georgia coast. It is commonly featured on the menus of many Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia restaurants.[1][2][3]

The soup is named for the "She-Crab", or female crab, originally a gravid (roe-carrying) crab, as the orange crab roe comprise a chief ingredient in traditional she-crab soup. As with turtle soup, other ingredients may be added to the soup or substituted for others, although crabmeat is found in all versions.

AEBB9608-83CA-425D-A144-D4FB3FF97F8E.jpeg
Bbq wings with cream of crab soup after work dinner

You don't eat the gristle part of the drummette

First time trying quinoa. Not bad at all. Not gonna give up rice completely but gonna eat less of it. Black bean, corn, zuchinni, tomato medley, and had left over patties so used that as protein.
20190604_184338.jpg

Bacon cheesburger with onions, honey mustard sauce
20190530_225258.jpg

Bbq bacon cheesburger
20190530_223925.jpg

Mac salad
20190530_142622.jpg

Menage a trois from Ike's for the first and last time. Overpriced for a 6" and just tasted sweetness from the sauces
20190530_141016.jpg

20190530_141702.jpg

Last edited:
The bottom part of a drum just has an off putting texture to me.

Cooking is not easy for everyone.
Not everybody is good at it.
That's why whenever someone posts something they made, I always rep it.

Except for this

20180911_102008.jpg
I don't think that's how you make eggs benedict

Back
Top Bottom