FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

3495C748-EDB2-48F8-A177-A7D2119EF3E4.jpeg

Love this.

Where?

I've been there a few times. Pretty standard, nothing bad to say about it but nothing exceptional either.
Yea I go there when I want something simple and home cook like type of food. The pho was bad for a while but it’s good again.

Yea I go there when I want something simple and home cook like type of food. The pho was bad for a while but it’s good again.

I like Monster Pho in Oakland. It seems like the owner is more hands-on and genuinely cares about his patrons even though they have expanded into two locations.

I like Monster Pho in Oakland. It seems like the owner is more hands-on and genuinely cares about his patrons even though they have expanded into two locations.
Never had it. Imma look it up. A lot of people use to go to Pho King on E.14th or International now. Pho Ao Sen is nasty! Hella oil in their soup and cockroaches running around. But a lot of people go there too. I don’t get it.

Actually I take that back. I like it because the broth is clean, ingredients taste fresh, and doesn't seem to have much or any MSG. Going by your name, it might not be ideal.
Lol. Yea I don’t mind MSG haha. Otherwise it might just be too Americanized to me.

Check out this place, it's a few minutes away from where you were today. I think there might be one in East Oakland too.
https://m.yelp.com/biz/chai-thai-noodles-hayward
I go there pretty often!! Tom yum noodle soup, angel wings and the roti dessert is my go to. What do you get there?

edit: Wait...I go to the one in East Oakland, didn’t know they opened one in Hayward! Thanks! I’ll try that new location out sometimes next week.

How did you find out about Southern Comfort Kitchen? I've been to Angeline's it's pretty good.
I’ve been yelping for new southern food around the Bay that’s not too far away. And to see what new HOT restaurants is popping up that I’m interested in. And I’m around this part of town and I got a couple friends that live in CV.

Down here the country folks are fond of tomato sandwiches.
My 4th grade teacher put me on.
He said nothing tastes better in the summer.

It's just tomato ,mayo and salt and pepper.

Only tastes good with fresh tomatoes imo.

Back
Top Bottom