FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Trailer for next episode...

Mojodmonky1's photos above look like the dumplings in this trailer...

Last edited:
that one coming up in taiwan is about to be sick. peeped that trailer a few days ago.

had this in the summer

28qulqa.jpg

Last edited:

cornish hen tasted like ****. :lol: was really hoping it tasted better from how it looked

i really wish there was more sushi conveyor places. this is the only full on sushi conveyor spot and its in a mall. love going after 7, all plates are $2
only other spot with a conveyor is mexican asian fusion spot. so overpriced and food sucks.

Last edited:
Oh man! I had a shrimp quesadilla with two tacos, one carne asada, one chorizo. I would've taken pics if I knew this thread was a thing.

sliced steak Made arepas(venezolanas) the other day.

Arepa is made out of masa like a tortilla. Handmade them, cut them open they had platains, cheese, black beans, sliced steak and bacon. 

If you like sushi & documentaries, check out this doc - Jiro Dreams of Sushi about Sukiyabashi Jiro... Anthony Bourdain recently said in a CNN interview (Piers Morgan) that he'd want his last meal from Jiro. It was a great doc. I caught OnDemand. Not sure if it's on Netflix or something...

If you like sushi & documentaries, check out this doc - Jiro Dreams of Sushi about Sukiyabashi Jiro... Anthony Bourdain recently said in a CNN interview (Piers Morgan) that he'd want his last meal from Jiro. It was a great doc. I caught OnDemand. Not sure if it's on Netflix or something...

It is on Netflix. Really dope documentary. Makes me wanna go there, but it's $500 a pop...

Some recent stuff..

Buffalo wings.
9d5f4cf62e2b11e2aaec22000a1faf7c_7.jpg

Spicy Pork from a local Korean place.
0e6bd6f42dea11e2b82c22000a1fbca3_7.jpg

jiros's dedication to his craft is :wow: :pimp:

if i ever make it out to japan, i would like to make a reservation at his spot (way in advance). the experience would be worth it.

any other food docs or tv shows you guys recommend? jiro's on my watch list.

and i really need to not go in this thread when it's late at night and i'm hungry :smh:

any other food docs or tv shows you guys recommend? jiro's on my watch list.

and i really need to not go in this thread when it's late at night and i'm hungry :smh:

The only one I can remember recently was one on the Cipriani restaurant. There was a cool HD channel called Mojo (the channel folded a while back). They had a cool show hosted by chef Daniel Boulud called After Hours...Watch the one episode below.

rck2sactown - I can see why you don't like (or people generallly) Eddie Huang. I think he elicits a feeling of like & dislike with nothing in between. Either you like him or don't. I like him. I like that he started out a true knuckle head & made something for himself...

After Hours with Daniel - Blue Ribbon Sushi

Here's another young dude I have a lot of respect for, David Chang...Was fortunate to each at a couple of his places in NYC while visiting there & this dude is the truth...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom