Pho sounds good on this gloomy day.

I try. :nthat:

This peppermint bark is bombbbb. :nthat:

3d832170246911e2979622000a1fb04f_7.jpg

moomoopanda dude you gotta share the recipe for the bread pudding. Looks bomb

:smokin :smokin I have a good $100 worth of that in the safe. Can't even leave it out. Brought a few then Went to work. Came back and gone :smh: found the wrappers in my 6 yr old pocket and wifey talking about "it's good, I thought he got it from school". :rofl: :rofl:

moomoopanda dude you gotta share the recipe for the bread pudding. Looks bomb

I tend to wing the recipe a bit. But...

1 loaf Safeway French Toast bread
3.5 cups Half&Half
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
4 eggs beaten
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips
Pinch of Cinnamon
2 tbl Bourbon

1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Get a 9x13 pan.
3. Rip bread into 1-inch strips.
4. Spread evenly on pan.
5. Lightly toast in oven for a minute.
6. Sprinkle butterscotch chips over the layer of bread evenly.

In a decent size bowl:
1. Melt butter completely
2. Add eggs and beat.
3. Whisk in Half&Half, Cinnamon, Vanilla, & Bourbon
4. Gradually stir in brown sugar. (Don't dump all of it in at once)
5. Optional: Add pinch of nutmeg.
6. Pour mixture over bread. (Make sure to soak all of the bread)
7. Let mixture sit for a couple minutes. (I push on the bread to get
It all soaked up)
8. Bake on middle or bottom rack for 50 mins.

You should probably google a bourbon sauce of some kind. I ran out of sugar for a sauce, so I can't recommend one. I thought the pudding was decent by itself, but a sauce would definitely put it over the top.

:smokin :smokin I have a good $100 worth of that in the safe. Can't even leave it out. Brought a few then Went to work. Came back and gone :smh: found the wrappers in my 6 yr old pocket and wifey talking about "it's good, I thought he got it from school". :rofl: :rofl:

:Rollin I need to stock up too. I shared one bar with some friends. Dissapeared with the quickness. :x

A couple things i did at school, currently in baking and pastry class...

:smokin:smokin:smokin

how much is culinary school out in cali?

i was mad when nyc got rid of the only affordable school and is now only 50k+ left

It was actually really cheap, it dropped down in price this past year. I'm paying 20K. If you were to get financial aid, it'll make it much easier too.

Clam chowder + calamari in SF's Fisherman's Wharf.
sick.gif
X
nthat.gif
!

bf875090254711e2a62d1231380fd04a_7.jpg

Chinese donut + rice noodle, with hoisin + peanut butter sauce:
3cfbe06c1bbc11e28dfa22000a1cbb1d_7.jpg
What place on the Wharf did you get the clam chowder and calamari?  Also, was the Chinese donut from San Tung's as well?  Thanks in advance!
nerd.gif

Just got back from a quick vacation to Japan (Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto) and China (Shanghai/Hangzhou) this Sunday. The food, for the most part, was outstanding. I dont really take any pics of my food because I'm too fat/impatient and just want to start chowing down ASAP.

Even before going to Shanghai I loved Xiao Long Bao (shanghai soup dumplings) but now I am borderline obsessed with em. I had a chance to take a cooking class on how to make them while I was out there, with mixed results. I'm not the most dexterous person out there, and I am cursed with short sausage fingers.

New web series I mentioned on a previous page, Fresh Off The Boat With Eddie Huang from Vice.com....It's kind of like an edgier version of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom