FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

balut. savagery at its finest. i only like the soup. 
laugh.gif
What is that 
embarassed.gif

DJ Shift DJ Shift Repped!!!! food looks freaking good :pimp:...love eatting the Banh Dap thit nuong. My grandma vacation in Saigon about few months ago and bought back some banh trang to make the banh dap thit nuong and it's crack...

I'm about to be in LA for the weekend (8/14 - 8/17) and was wondering if there's any "must go to" places (from SF so not terribly deprived, haha).

Spots I checked out last time:
- Roscoe's Chicken
- Bruxie's
- Daikokuya (sp?)
- Gaam
- Urth Caffe
- Diddy Riese
- Random KBBQ spots
- Portos

Spots I was planning on checking out:
- Father's Office
- Kang Hodong Baekjeong
- Savoy
- Din Tai Fung

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated, open to any cuisine (staying in Fullerton because of its proximity to Disneyland but willing to drive anywhere in LA). Thanks in advance!
All great choices and you won't be disappointed with any of them, especially Kang Hodong and DTF. If you have more time and are into seafood I'd check out Slapfish in Huntington beach(and stop by the Donuttery as well for dessert) and also Bear Flag Fish Co in Newport Beach, great scenery...right near the beach and good food. 

I'm about to be in LA for the weekend (8/14 - 8/17) and was wondering if there's any "must go to" places (from SF so not terribly deprived, haha).

Spots I checked out last time:

- Roscoe's Chicken

- Bruxie's

- Daikokuya (sp?)

- Gaam

- Urth Caffe

- Diddy Riese

- Random KBBQ spots

- Portos

Spots I was planning on checking out:

- Father's Office

- Kang Hodong Baekjeong

- Savoy

- Din Tai Fung

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated, open to any cuisine (staying in Fullerton because of its proximity to Disneyland but willing to drive anywhere in LA). Thanks in advance!
All great choices and you won't be disappointed with any of them, especially Kang Hodong and DTF. If you have more time and are into seafood I'd check out Slapfish in Huntington beach(and stop by the Donuttery as well for dessert) and also Bear Flag Fish Co in Newport Beach, great scenery...right near the beach and good food. 

Also another place to try is Brodard. The spring rolls are excellent, but the sauce for it is straight Crack!
main-home.jpg

Theres a god damn baby duck in there? Not sure how to feel :lol: jesus my dude said savagry too

Im drunk watching my guilty pleasure show americas got talent. Ran down the street to outback for my hookup meal (gonna feel like a trash can in the morning)

You weren't playing around.

DJ Shift DJ Shift Repped!!!! food looks freaking good :pimp:...love eatting the Banh Dap thit nuong. My grandma vacation in Saigon about few months ago and bought back some banh trang to make the banh dap thit nuong and it's crack...

Bro... I had the Banh Dap my last trip to Melbourne in 2011 and I was like this is crack. Unfortunately, I forgot the name and all of my boys that are Vietnamese have never heard of it. I had to get it again this trip. My pops said there's a spot in the Bay that has it... I'm about to hit that place up after Vegas. :smokin I can't remember if the sauce is peanut sauce or something else. It definitely isn't nuoc mam.

Last edited:
S senor chang Yo, aren't you from Sac? I think I saw you post in the Sacramento thread once or twice. I forgot what place I went out for Vietnamese food at out there when I went to school in Davis but it was pretty good. I just remember it was on Stockton street. I need to make it back out there again for Oz. :smokin

S senor chang Yo, aren't you from Sac? I think I saw you post in the Sacramento thread once or twice. I forgot what place I went out for Vietnamese food at out there when I went to school in Davis but it was pretty good. I just remember it was on Stockton street. I need to make it back out there again for Oz. :smokin

yea I'm still living in Sac...trying to make my way out of here tho lol

Back
Top Bottom