FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What's your recipe for these
Marinade, method, cook time
I just buy the same old cut and whatever “KBBQ” sauce is on the shelf
Just grill to preferred doneness but for these cuts I like them to cook through so you can eat all the edges off the bones too

just garlic pepper and soy sauce for the pork belly on top

Do you mix your seasonings together before adding them to the yams?

Vs.

Putting them in one by one?

I would suggest mixing the seasonings together so that you decrease the chances of bad distribution.

1586706090965.png

^ I got this from a weekly, side of the road Flea Market in West Virginia for $1. It is honestly my most use kitchen "appliance." Whenever I am seasoning anything using multiple seasonings, I throw them in here and mix/mash. Or you could just do it in a small bowl.

But I think that might help with the cloves being too bitter. (But you already said you would use half).

Lastly, I would suggest letting the broiler get to the yams for a few mins to help with the carmelization process.

But Keep us updated man.

I just threw the seasonings in when I melted the butter and let it boil for a few seconds. Combining them may help so I'll try it.

A mortar and pestle is on my list of appliances to buy.

Never thought about using the broiler, but I'll definitely try it. I'll take the foil off in the last few minutes off the cooking process

glad you didn’t add marshmallows. I hate that. I never get the syrup affect. I use bourbon, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, honey and nutmeg
Yeah I never understood adding marshmallows with candied yams or sweet potatoes. I wanna say its #Cultural. The syrup mostly comes from folks using a lot of butter. I've seen folks use lemon or orange juice but I fear it'll add a tart flavor that I wouldn't care for. I guess its used to cut down the sweetness a bit

I just threw the seasonings in when I melted the butter and let it boil for a few seconds. Combining them may help so I'll try it.

A mortar and pestle is on my list of appliances to buy.

Never thought about using the broiler, but I'll definitely try it. I'll take the foil off in the last few minutes off the cooking process

Yeah I never understood adding marshmallows with candied yams or sweet potatoes. I wanna say its #Cultural. The syrup mostly comes from folks using a lot of butter. I've seen folks use lemon or orange juice but I fear it'll add a tart flavor that I wouldn't care for. I guess its used to cut down the sweetness a bit
Funny I was going to suggest orange zest.

I just feel likr orange goes well with SP.

Sweet Potatoes. Mac & Cheese. Crawfish Bisque with stuffed crawfish shells. Stuffed Crab Red Fish

Boiled Crawfish.
1255324B-A8B4-4B42-AF73-6AD3161763B0.jpeg

F68CEE12-B668-4796-9DD0-F167954746C8.jpeg

Looks good and prompted me to Google an instructional video for eating whole cooked crawfish, which I haven’t done before. So I learned something too!
FECC9256-8F0F-4C77-880F-36A58D4DC42A.gif

Aye seriously man. :lol: You have been eating GOOD for a minute now. :lol:

Hope you are working out.

Are those REGULAR Sweet "Potatoe's"?

It looks like a souffle

soufflé

Run 10-12 miles 3x a week.

40 pushups and alternate 7 different core movements or planks and side planks - every hour on the hour.

During the week I eat salads. Atleast once a day :lol:

Back
Top Bottom