FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Happy birthday man.

Post pics of finished product.

Make sure you get a good sear or grill marks, depwnding on how you cook IT.

Use a lot of black pepper. A lot.
Use a lot of black pepper. A lot.

Honestly I'm not confident enough in my (white) cooking skills to post pics of the finished product :lol:
Black pepper is a must though. When I try out new meat, I prepare it without seasoning to judge the meat by itself. It's my second time now so now is when I give it the full treatment.

I couldn't believe how godlike that wagyu tasted the first time without even a hint of seasoning. My mind was truly blown.

Speaking of trying out new meat, I recently tried bison for the first time. Wasn't sure what to expect but it the ribeye was bursting with flavor.
I thought it was a little bit sweet compared to beef but for the most part a unique flavor that I couldn't really compare to anything else. Not something I'll eat regularly due to the price but I'd rank it very high.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not confident enough in my (white) cooking skills to post pics of the finished product :lol:
Black pepper is a must though. When I try out new meat, I prepare it without seasoning to judge the meat by itself. It's my second time now so now is when I give it the full treatment.

I couldn't believe how godlike that wagyu tasted the first time without even a hint of seasoning. My mind was truly blown.
How are you making it?

Wagyu usually comes thinner so it will be hard to get that “crustification” on IT without overcooking.

Y'all ever had muskrat?
I trolled some people once by telling them I was making rabbit and they all bought it. The look on their faces was glorious when they found out it was muskrat :lol:
It tastes almost exactly like rabbit so I made the traditional Belgian 'rabbit with prunes' recipe.

Last edited:
How are you making it?

Wagyu usually comes thinner so it will be hard to get that “crustification” on IT without overcooking.
The ribeye is pretty thick actually. I'm not the greatest cook so I'm keeping it simple and preparing it in a cast-iron pan like last time.

Happy belated

Ya make sure you burn the **** out of it.

#chargang

Don't do this if you're a black man unless you eventually want to get colon cancer...

Anyway I thought about getting some Wagyu steak from safeway, they're about $20/lb I think... but I'm not really a big fan of fatty steaks like ribeyes or prime rib... I much prefer tbones, porterhouses and NY strip.

Don't do this if you're a black man unless you eventually want to get colon cancer...

Anyway I thought about getting some Wagyu steak from safeway, they're about $20/lb I think... but I'm not really a big fan of fatty steaks like ribeyes or prime rib... I much prefer tbones, porterhouses and NY strip.
:nerd:

Cooking meat at high temperatures produces cancer-causing chemicals called heterocyclic amines.
Cooking meat at high temperatures produces cancer-causing chemicals called heterocyclic amines (HCAs), particularly if it produces char marks, explains Dr. Stephen Freedland, director of the Center for Integrated Research in Cancer and Lifestyle (CIRCL). Plus, when fat drips into the grill, the resulting flames can cover food with polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), another chemical linked to cancer.

84A1E1AB-20FF-4697-894F-624220BD390E.jpeg

These Al pastor tacos are the best hard tacos from a spot I've ever heard.

Saw those at Sam's Club a few days ago... wanted to get one but I know my girl can't eat it right now (her steaks has to be well done because she's prego and that thing was so thick I knew there was no way). I will be throwing one on the grill here soon though, never even had one in a restaurant before.

Back
Top Bottom