FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

AA05CBA4-A7B5-443D-AB45-80DD264C71FD.jpeg

made mussels in garlic, shallot, butter/olive oil, wine, cream, parsley

ate them with bread and a salad

^ saw that video... and want to try those tacos in NY and i can review it and report back here.... but forgot about the current conditions right now and have to fall back and chill lol

After all the love I gave you and yo punk *** corner counter pics?

CheerfulUnfinishedLaughingthrush-max-1mb.gif
:rofl:
Nah we got a bunch of pizza, but no pics were taken. Had a plain slice, a pepperoni slice, and brought a grandma pie back for my mom and my stepdad. Slices were awesome, but I was heated that they weren't making white pies or the seasonal vegetable pizza.

Also got to meet Frank, so that was cool.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford How was Best Pizza out there? I've had the Williamsburg location once and it was pretty good; been meaning to go back. You frequent in Montauk year round? Need to hit up Goldberg's for a bagel. They have the damn monopoly out there.

Oh **** this looks incredible. I need to get over to Queens when life is back to normal.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford How was Best Pizza out there? I've had the Williamsburg location once and it was pretty good; been meaning to go back. You frequent in Montauk year round? Need to hit up Goldberg's for a bagel. They have the damn monopoly out there.

Oh **** this looks incredible. I need to get over to Queens when life is back to normal.
The quick answer would be that the pizza is awesome. I'd say it's a notch or two above some of the better spots on Long Island for the basics. However, I can't give a comparison to the BK location since I always get the white and seasonal square when when I'm out there.

Goldberg's is piff too. That was my go-to bagel spot when I lived in Patchogue. Was surprised to see so many locations out east. They have one right next to Levain, so I was tempted to tell my girlfriend we'd divide and conquer so she could grab the cookies and I could grab da buttered rolls.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but yesterday was my first day in Montauk after living on Long Island for 25 years. My girlfriend basically forced me to go, but I'm not mad about it :lol:. We're planning on riding our bikes out there this summer from where we live in Northwest Suffolk, so it was nice to get an idea of what I'm in store for.

We decided to make some Asian dishes this weekend...

Shrimp Fried Rice
7B895E03-B8ED-4EFF-ABC0-A563C046B7DA.jpeg

Orange Chickens
6BA72C35-F94B-402B-A4D3-F8687A798121.jpeg

Shrimp Pad Thai
68128A0B-C3D6-4C00-8A91-A56F455B553C.jpeg

You inspired me to make Shrimp Fried Rice.

I used

Garlic
Ginger
Peas
Carrots
1/4 Yellow Onion
"Green Onion" (Growing Stalk from Yellow Onion)
Mushrooms
Shrimp
Sauce: Sriracha + Soy Mixture
Brown Rice.

Back
Top Bottom