FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I’ve been looking at the Large Egg - only know one person with one and he loves it - what are you mainly cooking on it and what size do you have? I would it put in the wood table version
Coming from a bge owner, don’t buy a bge buy a Kamado joe. I would recommend the 18” diameter unless you do bigger cooks frequently then I would go for the 24”. I have a bge xl and a kj joe jr, and I use the joe jr much more freqntly than the xl egg. Mainly because it is a more usable size for non-party use.

is use mine for everything from low and slow to high heat pizza cooks, and everything in between. I know people love the damn Traeger these days but a Kamado is Much more versatile than a pellet pooper IMO

These are the big money ones (Komodo Kamado). :lol: kj roadshow usually comes through Costco (still I think?) and the deals have been pretty good in the past

D515A8A4-C22C-45C7-A3D1-6CFFC6BAB230.jpeg

plansb plansb yeah it’s just my fiancé and I so not party grilling - the Kamado anything in decent size looks to be sold out

B Sox B Sox I don’t have DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican type money, he’s the one in here that always makes my mouth drop with luxury eating habits

I would check em out in person if possible. Pretty sure most ace hardware stock kj

plansb plansb super helpful - I’ll need to read up on the differences vs Egg.

Can already see the fiancé saying she likes the built in Egg with wood better for aesthetic purposes lol

plansb plansb super helpful - I’ll need to read up on the differences vs Egg.

Can already see the fiancé saying she likes the built in Egg with wood better for aesthetic purposes lol
You can do either way. It’s the same thing just one has a stand and one doesn’t.
The cook very similarly. kJ comes with a lot of the accessories you need to use it, whereas bge makes you buy them all separately which is annoying. Also kj handles warranty claims much better than bge does, you don’t have to go through pain in the *** dealers. I have a few other gripes with bge but that is the gist of it. If I were buying one today I would buy kJ.

Will probably end up getting one of those egg grills whenever we decide to move to the burbs. Gotta start saving now I guess :lol:

Back
Top Bottom