FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Got it set up i get all the leftovers from the vegan grocery store everyday at closing :pimp:

Tryna line up a few other places like that, hate how they throw away leftovers but i get it...kinda

Got it set up i get all the leftovers from the vegan grocery store everyday at closing :pimp:

Tryna line up a few other places like that, hate how they throw away leftovers but i get it...kinda
How did you go about making that deal?

Black Meals. I see yall man. :pimp:

tomdiginson tomdiginson , can you share the recipe?
1. Whole Chicken (cut into pieces) or chicken parts
2.Onion, tomato, sweet pepper, scotch bonnet, thyme, scallion and/or leeks
3. Salt, pepper, browning, garlic powder, pimento, ketchup, sugar
4.oil

Season the chicken with some season salt/ or salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, scallion, leeks pimento and browning. Let it marinade for about an hour.
Put on a pot with some oil. Smash up some garlic cloves and add to the oil
Let the oil heat for about 2 minutes. Depending on the size and cuts of chicken, you're going to brown them for about 10-14 minutes ( 5-7 minutes on each side). I personally brown all dark meat pieces together and the same for white meat that way everything cooks equally.

Take about 2-3 tablespoons of the oil that's left in the pot that you used to brown the chicken and add it to a fresh pot in order to begin the process of stewing the chicken. Add your vegetables to said pot. Sautee for about 3 minutes and then add your chicken. Depending on the amount of gravy you'll want, add 2/3 cup of water. Mix 1/4 cup of ketchup, about a tablespoon of sugar into a bowl and mix it together. Then pour it into your pot and stir. Turn your pot down to medium heat and let it cook for an additional 15-20 minutes on medium to high heat. This was written from mobile, so if not clear, I'll come back and edit it.

How did you go about making that deal?
The first time i got the food was by chance. I saw the 1 worker putting the stuff outside for people to take so i said yo i can take all of it? I told them where i was taking it. They said ya of course. I went back the next day and they said they didnt have much that day so i suggested if they have anything to give me a call and ill come by and take it over to those folks. They were cool with it

9CF27639-9C1A-4943-B940-F51236980372.jpeg

Frozen banana
Chilled Coffee
Cinnamon
Almond milk
Rolled oats
Protein powder
Vanilla

9CF27639-9C1A-4943-B940-F51236980372.jpeg

Frozen banana
Chilled Coffee
Cinnamon
Almond milk
Rolled oats
Protein powder
Vanilla

Perfect combo. If you are feeling like matters7 matters7 and have a sweet tooth craving, this does the job.

When you are tired of that version you can do any combination of the following

1. Add Peanut Butter
2. Add Sweet Potato (Use like 15% of a whole one as it alters the consistency too much)
3. Ground Ginger, All-Spice, Pumpkin Pie Mix
4. Ground Maca Root (Trader Joe's)
5. Milled/Ground Flax Seed

And the wild thing about it, you can literally use these SAME ingredients to make a bowl of Oatmeal.

The first time i got the food was by chance. I saw the 1 worker putting the stuff outside for people to take so i said yo i can take all of it? I told them where i was taking it. They said ya of course. I went back the next day and they said they didnt have much that day so i suggested if they have anything to give me a call and ill come by and take it over to those folks. They were cool with it
Ok, so you take it to a shelter or something?

Tried making Jollof Rice yesterday. It didn't come out as desired. Moms liked it so that batch is hers and I tried it again today.
B9791749-1886-4211-8FAE-44CA5101088D.jpeg

Just wanted to show yall these beautiful tomatoes for no reason
54EAAA16-A612-4061-AD14-965F6612914C.jpeg

Tomato stew mix. Mix of tomatoes, red bellpeppers, red onion, and a habanero
0BA18286-C6AB-48B8-ACE0-8C37B383528F.jpeg

All the seasonings used. Salt, bay leaves, 3 maggi cubes, ground crawfish, thyme, black pepper, ground ginger, curry powder, white pepper, garlic and onion powder, and cayenne pepper
C5A26B78-91CC-4906-BD05-F41B48BF98CB.jpeg

After I blended the mixed, I fried the red onions in palm oil for 5 minutes. Then fried the tomato paste in that mixture for 5 minutes to get rid of that sour tomato paste flavor. After that, I incorporated the tomato mix and fried that for an additional 15 minutes
CD63739E-8744-43D0-B178-87A844D369BA.jpeg

This is what the stew looks like after it's been fried and reduced, with all of the seasonings added. I then added the rice and cooked for about an hour on low heat.
4662A2FA-265A-454E-88CF-EBA3CCDA9BD1.jpeg

I marinated some chicken thighs in sofrito, adobo sauce, garlic and onion powder, black pepper, creole seasoning and blackened seasoning. I basically just winged it with this as I didn't plan this out. Came out fire.
BA5CCC56-C846-43E2-AE49-8C8178E4EB61.jpeg

This is how the Jollof came out yesterday. Added too many habaneros. I reduced the stew too much, and since you don't add a lot of liquid to cook this rice dish, the rice was undercooked so I had to add liquid and it came out mushy and too moist.
C0806BF4-B3F7-4797-AAA5-864C4C2BBDB1.jpeg

This is how it came out today after some adjustments. I didn't reduce the tomato mix as much and I added a little less chicken stock. Came out a lot better. Still need to make adjustments to get it perfect. It came out a little too moist. Jollof is supposed to be a little dry. Next time, I'm gonna add less chicken stock, and maybe use 1 red bellpepper instead of two.
C47C89B2-B7B8-4D16-A108-78F9D0B0265F.jpeg

Final dish
3116463A-B4E8-4B35-A0C0-83CCABFBFC1F.jpeg

**adds to recipe list**

Ok, so you take it to a shelter or something?
Ya,same shelter i always bring clothes and food to. Cuz of covid they got folks living in tents in the park across the street behind the community center. Its like a camp ground.

This neighborhood is like the forgotten neighborhood downtown. All the other areas get attention and funding and **** but this area gets nada.

Ya,same shelter i always bring clothes and food to. Cuz of covid they got folks living in tents in the park across the street behind the community center. Its like a camp ground.

This neighborhood is like the forgotten neighborhood downtown. All the other areas get attention and funding and **** but this area gets nada.

Respect to you Brother Hathaway :pimp:

It’s necessary as flavored ice in this case. I don’t hate them but I also don’t reach for them often
I feel like it is needed as well. I honestly feel like most smoothies need a banana base for texture and sweetness.

But this is from someone that probably goes through close to 400 bananas per year.

No., not for this.

Even in it's driest form, lettuce is a leafy green that is up to 90% water.

So it IS considered wet.
Never had that feeling while eating lettuce in a burger or sandwich unless you're leaving or to soak in juices and wilt.

Its suppose to be crisp and fresh.

Definitely got a different idea of whats wet.

Cool, you can agree to disagree with the Botanicals.

You having that feeling doesn't change what it is.

Please take the last word.
I don't agree with your made up definition for what qualifies as wet.

You making something up doesn't mean it's correct.

Human beings are up to 70% water. Where are the dumbasses calling human beings wet? :nerd:

Its a good thing I clarified with the last word in this exchange.

Back
Top Bottom