FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Cool. Like I said, you talking real tough behind that screen. Do you though.
You say that as if I wouldn't say this to you in person :lol:

I don't even know why you bringing it up like it's something new. This is the norm when I address you. Been doing me. No need to act brand new out of nowhere.

Related to King Umberto which I just saw on here.......

?

Not sure if they are related. King is in Elmont. Prince is in Franklin Square. King doesn't deliver.
I at in King's pre COVID. It was really good. Didn't know if was featured on F that's delicious. That explains the crowds I always see.

You say that as if I wouldn't say this to you in person :lol:

I don't even know why you bringing it up like it's something new. This is the norm when I address you. Been doing me. No need to act brand new out of nowhere.
Brand new, yea ok.

You never addressed me as a *****, ***** boy. Never.

It is cool though. If our paths happen to cross in person we can have that chat face to face.

Nothing else to say about it over here.

Apparently it’s def been a while
Because u forgot how ur suppose to structure food posts
Where did u eat this???
And what is it??
Lol where are my manners. Bono’s trattoria in Harlem.
It’s calamari & pepperoni pizza as shared appetizers. Entree is fresh made Strozzapretti w/ sausage N mushrooms in a light truffle Cream sauce.

Damn, that happened.

And there were elders around her right? Damn.

So what are folks saying she should have done? Gone to a hotel or something?

Outside of her mother and father no. She brought her mother to the hospital for a kidney transplant.

She somehow got it and gave it to her mother, brother, sister, brother in-law and the baby, father.

I mean that looks like Wendy's, so an ice cream truck ain't really too far off a fast food joint for that. I still cop it though.

didn’t even notice but we used to eat them out the frito bag. They add chilli and cheese.
Outside of her mother and father no. She brought her mother to the hospital for a kidney transplant.

She somehow got it and gave it to her mother, brother, sister, brother in-law and the baby, father.

have you been tested?

Sunday dinner staple
Garlic cheddar mashed potatoes
Mississippi pot roast
Squash and asparagus

70836C29-A6DE-4A19-A108-C37047768036.jpeg

didn’t even notice but we used to eat them out the frito bag. They add chilli and cheese.

have you been tested?

Sunday dinner staple
Garlic cheddar mashed potatoes
Mississippi pot roast
Squash and asparagus

70836C29-A6DE-4A19-A108-C37047768036.jpeg

Yes in order for me to come to Aruba (has only 3 active cases), you have to be tested 72-12 hours before your departure. It has to be a PCR test ONLY. And the Aruban government has to approve it before you get on the plane. They send you a health confirmation as a QR-code.

I been tested 4 times since my cousin told me she was positive. All tests came back negative.

Went to a spot called State Fare for brunch
Avocado toast and cheesy grits. **** was banging. They put a lot of tomatos and balsamic vinegar. Definitely a different iteration but has to be the best I have had
D15FC13C-0B6E-4733-9AF3-40FD02D756CE.jpeg

Short rib grilled cheese (really a melt) It was good but nothing to write home about. I ****** up and didn’t tell my girl to take a picture of the Htown hot fried chicken biscuit sandwich. That was delicious. And it was chicken thighs.
20E48EC7-D7D7-4F1C-AFD4-CA8CDEA8881B.jpeg

Blueberry banana filled French toast. Caramel drizzle and a vanilla cream dip.
07C87743-C9DF-4E94-B6B9-1AE4AB8E6FF7.jpeg

What makes it Mississippi?
From what I read, the Mississippi Pot Roast was created by a woman named Robin Chapman from Mississippi in 2000. It was a recipe that she originally got from her aunt in the 90's but changed a few things, most notably the ranch seasoning. She served it to a life long church friend of hers who liked the recipe so much that she ended up publishing it in a church cook book. The roast was just called "Roast Beef" in the book. It gained steam from there. Over the next 10 years it would spread by word of mouth and eventually hit the internet blogs amongst foodies and cooks. By 2011 it became a viral sensation and the dish was world famous.

"It blends together five distinct and rather unexpected ingredients: one packet of ranch seasoning, one packet of au jus gravy mix, two or more jarred pepperoncini (yes, as in those light green peppers that come in the pizza delivery box), a full stick of butter, and a 3- to 5-pound chuck roast."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom