FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Been trying to make a Chili recipe to my liking for the longest. Finally got it down to how I like it. The mustard sets it off for real.

Sweet potato pie. Used butter and shortening for the crust. Came out fire. I didn't let it cool completely but it's done.
Man you are always doing your thing. I see you man.

I will try some of your Chili suggestions. I can never get mine to taste like CHILI. chili, it always something missing.

Grilling some thick pork steaks after 1h30 in my sous vide thing at 140°.
5B186540-C7C4-401E-B3E2-3CAD2E7B8729.jpeg
Good work on those grill marks Konnan :pimp:

899252C4-9484-44BE-AD9A-7903B06AB2CC.jpeg

92C3932C-24E0-406A-9561-CD378F736BCF.jpeg

8243E47C-5BB4-492E-9A24-A88D2DE9955E.jpeg

roasted oyster/portobello mushroom burrito (garlic mushroom sauce, jack cheese, pico, cilantro)
buffalo cauliflower quesadilla (jack cheese, pico, cilantro, lime)
They really filled you up with that rice. :smh:

Man you are always doing your thing. I see you man.

I will try some of your Chili suggestions. I can never get mine to taste like CHILI. chili, it always something missing.

Good work on those grill marks Konnan :pimp:

They really filled you up with that rice. :smh:
I appreciate it. Now that I got it down, I think I’m gonna experiment with making my own chili powder blends with fresh chili’s.

I appreciate it. Now that I got it down, I think I’m gonna experiment with making my own chili powder blends with fresh chili’s.

So one thing I HAVE done is re-hydrate dried chilies to give it a more smokey flavor.

IN short, I take some dried Guajillo chiles and use it as a liquid base.

The explanation is below, but I will take your suggestions and try it this week.

Thanks again.

Guajillo Chile Salsa https://mexicanfoodjournal.com/guajillo-chile-salsa-recipe/ via @mexfoodjournal

Been trying to make a Chili recipe to my liking for the longest. Finally got it down to how I like it. The mustard sets it off for real.
C1AD2B6B-AB85-4FFB-9236-0EE08173BB06.jpeg

Black pepper, chili powder, paprika, turmeric, salt, garlic and onion powder
1C9928BB-BF07-4D62-B5A5-CD92606723B8.jpeg

Browned the beef. Reserved the oil and made a roux with the saltine crackers. Added chicken stock and everything else to the pot and simmered for 3 hours. After 3 hours, took 1/3rd of the chili, pureed it and added it back to the pot.
E20F2C02-4EE6-464E-AD64-E2097D9C7CBC.jpeg

Made chili cheese fries with it. Used Ora-Ida crinkle fries
64065886-9CAF-47EB-B834-E5C7E50F3F30.jpeg

652D0F84-B561-4D02-96F7-2C1446F0AD14.jpeg

Sweet potato pie. Used butter and shortening for the crust. Came out fire. I didn't let it cool completely but it's done.
B9B9C6A8-6113-4D09-ABFE-C945131BC920.jpeg

0C50FC52-4F33-4490-94A9-B72D7C79275B.jpeg

767CBF03-BD47-4462-AF94-E69072F4D483.jpeg

590948EC-CCE2-4939-922F-2BE70D4D5647.jpeg

2838105B-52B4-4201-AA5E-B88F11B62A8C.jpeg

Questions,

1. why don't you use cumin in the chili powder mixture?

2. Can you give more details on your pie procedure? I would eventually like to get more into making. Messing around with the pizza has motivated me.

No disrespect

Questions,

1. why don't you use cumin in the chili powder mixture?

2. Can you give more details on your pie procedure? I would eventually like to get more into making. Messing around with the pizza has motivated me.

No disrespect
1. I personally don’t like cumin. Any recipe that calls for it I omit it.

2.For the filling you boil the sweet potatoes until fork tender. Mash them up and let them cool. Once cooled, add all other ingredients and seasonings and whisk until creamy and lump free

For the dough. It’s best to use a food processor for pie dough because it’s more efficient in mixing the fat and the butter. In the bowl of the food processor, I mix in about 3/4ths of the flour, sugar and salt. Then throw in the butter and shortening. You want to pulse it briefly until you can no longer see any flower. Texture should resemble crumbles. After that, you add the remaining flour and pulse until combined. Once combined, add in until a ball is formed. Of course be careful to not add too much water. Also, always make sure the butter and water is cold for pie dough before incorporating

more than I'm accustomed to from this place
good rice though so it was still bomb
a lot of flavor soaked up from the mushroom/garlic sauce
The safest thing to do, just like asking to fry hard, is to ask for light rice. Don't even give them the chance to cheat you.

It looks good though.

Thai Style Yellow Curry

Curry Paste.
Ingredients: shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger, red thai chiles, lemongrass, cilantro, ground tumeric, curry powder, salt
IMG_1925.jpg

Roasted shallots and garlic
IMG_1927.jpg

Roasted galangal and ginger
IMG_1929.jpg

Poured boiling water over the chiles to soak for a while. Roasted the garlic and shallots, then the ginger and galangal. Pulsed the chiles in a food processor to chop them into small pieces. Added the lemongrass until it got a shredded consistency. Added cilantro then pulsed followed by the garlic and galangal. Added the garlic and shallots followed by a pulse. Added the seasonings and a little bit of the chile water and pulsed until I got this consistency.
IMG_1930.jpg

Ingredients for the dish
IMG_1932.jpg

Sauteed the chicken in the curry paste
IMG_1934.jpg

Added the potatoes and coconut cream & coconut milk
IMG_1937.jpg

Added the carrots and simmered for about an hour or until the carrots and potatoes are soft
IMG_1938.jpg

Finished product
IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

Thai Style Yellow Curry

Curry Paste.
Ingredients: shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger, red thai chiles, lemongrass, cilantro, ground tumeric, curry powder, salt
IMG_1925.jpg

Roasted shallots and garlic
IMG_1927.jpg

Roasted galangal and ginger
IMG_1929.jpg

Poured boiling water over the chiles to soak for a while. Roasted the garlic and shallots, then the ginger and galangal. Pulsed the chiles in a food processor to chop them into small pieces. Added the lemongrass until it got a shredded consistency. Added cilantro then pulsed followed by the garlic and galangal. Added the garlic and shallots followed by a pulse. Added the seasonings and a little bit of the chile water and pulsed until I got this consistency.
IMG_1930.jpg

Ingredients for the dish
IMG_1932.jpg

Sauteed the chicken in the curry paste
IMG_1934.jpg

Added the potatoes and coconut cream & coconut milk
IMG_1937.jpg

Added the carrots and simmered for about an hour or until the carrots and potatoes are soft
IMG_1938.jpg

Finished product
IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

Masterful

Back
Top Bottom