FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

had the cheesesteak yesterday for lunch and peruvian chicken for lunch today
IMG_20201023_162213354.jpg

IMG_20201024_171850928.jpg

Steak and Cheese

You saw the recent study about Roach Spray being found in Coke produced diet sodas?

20201024_143235.jpg

Shrimo Masala Spice level 5!

Is that normal?

Indian sports askin you spice level out of 10?

I think at first I said 3 and it hit.

But this level 5 hittin different!
Ya its normal. A lot of spots ask, Thai, Indian.

Once went to an Indian spot with my pops, and he csnt handle spice. He got the lowest. I asked for Indian hot. He was burning up so i asked them to bring a cup of yogurt for him. The server said the cooks were looking through the window cuz they thought it was for me. She told em nah the guy that got indian hot is chillin, the one that got mild is dying 😂

Ya its normal. A lot of spots ask, Thai, Indian.

Once went to an Indian spot with my pops, and he csnt handle spice. He got the lowest. I asked for Indian hot. He was burning up so i asked them to bring a cup of yogurt for him. The server said the cooks were looking through the window cuz they thought it was for me. She told em nah the guy that got indian hot is chillin, the one that got mild is dying 😂
It's wild, my parents can't handle spicy like that anymore, but they're the ones that put us on.

Indian spice is no joke. The hottest hot sauce I ever had was from an Indian spot. Just a couple drops was serious. The Raita I had on the side was definitely needed.

It's wild, my parents can't handle spicy like that anymore, but they're the ones that put us on.
Took shorty for to an Indian spot once. Asked her if she wants spicy...

"Spicy? You know im Caribbean right? Bout do i want spicy"

Foods ready, we eating...shes awfully quiet. Im thinking she doesnt rate the food. I ask "how is it you fw it?" "Mhmmm"

I then realize shes dying from the heat and wants to save face so she isnt saying **** :rofl:

56bf1fde2e1e4667009e6aba09252ed3.gif

Oh the slander was lovely that night

Do you believe in leafy green vegetables?

I think the only veggie I have seen you eat is the ONIONS.
Major fan of frozen broccoli florets, but I usually boil and eat them with rice. I have a phobic issue with food spoilage and leafy stuff ****s with me.

Do you prefer short tines on a fork or do you just like that design
I grew up with this and when I eventually had to get my own, I thought, why rock the boat. Lately I've been thinking about getting something with wood handles, really like Laguiole's stuff.

Also marikomorose marikomorose called my fort spork-like and now I can't look at it and not go: "This right two times a day clock, had a point."

I can handle a lot of spice and prefer it but one time I went on a fast for 24 hours and made the mistake of breaking the fast with indian food. I've eaten at that spot a million times and thought nothing of it. First bite I took my mouth damn near blew up. I guess when you haven't eaten in a while your taste buds get super sensitive. Ate it again the next week and was back to normal.

I just eat food how it’s supposed to be eaten. Like Mexican food isn’t that spicy but it has some kick. Trini food is spicy but I’m not gonna order some watered down version. I just eat the food how it is supposed to be.

I’m not gonna order some food from a Thai place and ask for it mild if it’s normally spicy.

why not just go eat a burger?

I can handle a lot of spice and prefer it but one time I went on a fast for 24 hours and made the mistake of breaking the fast with indian food. I've eaten at that spot a million times and thought nothing of it. First bite I took my mouth damn near blew up. I guess when you haven't eaten in a while your taste buds get super sensitive. Ate it again the next week and was back to normal.
Spicy food on an empty stomach is usually a bad idea

Dude at work from Delhi makes me feel like a rookie when it comes to hot sauce. Got some from a Somali spot, i said woah this is flames. He takes a spoonful and says "its sweet"
😑

Made dinner with some post oak wood my dad gave me... Smoked the brisket patties along with the pepper jack cheese...grilled the tomato, zucchini and sweet potatos with onion and cherrry tomatoes...threw some carrots in an aluminum poach with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and butter...hazy dh IPA from urban south htx...
go vote...!

20201024_182823_HDR.jpg

Catfish, shrimp, hush puppies, dirty rice and grits from "the catfish station"...

20201023_182928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom