FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I really do not eat rice all that much,
1604947734514.gif

Thoughts on howlin rays ?
I had to Google that since I did not know what it is.....I do not live in L.A. and I have never been there before, so I cannot tell you about their food. I do love Nashville hot chicken though, so that would be a spot that I would visit once this pandemic eases up and I feel comfortable traveling to the West Coast.

From the looks of their menu though, they kinda remind me of a place we have in DC called Roaming Rooster, but Howlin' Rays does not have honey butter for their sandwiches (what a bummer).

EXACTLY! When I worked at FDA many years ago, I learned that (and I currently work at NIH now). My mom washed chicken when my brother and I we were younger and though we never got sick or anything, I learned later in life that the bacteria can contaminate other things surrounding the sink. That is why you let the heat kill the bacteria.
This is lazy way of saying some ppl don't know how to properly clean their sinks

This is lazy way of saying some ppl don't know how to properly clean their sinks
No, I was not saying that because it does not just affect the sink. It affects everything around the sink as well because water splashes when you are rinsing something and you do not know where those droplets are falling. I was just stating that washing chicken spreads the bacteria and can cause contamination.

Do you tip when dining in a establishment?
I had to Google that since I did not know what it is.....I do not live in L.A. and I have never been there before, so I cannot tell you about their food. I do love Nashville hot chicken though, so that would be a spot that I would visit once this pandemic eases up and I feel comfortable traveling to the West Coast.

From the looks of their menu though, they kinda remind me of a place we have in DC called Roaming Rooster, but Howlin' Rays does not have honey butter for their sandwiches (what a bummer).

Back
Top Bottom