FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I'm now wondering about the correlation between ppl who don't wash chicken and ppl who dont wash rice :lol:

Cuz it legit seems like ppl are holding the chicken under the faucet and letting water ricochet off it everywhere :lol:
UMMMM, why are you correlating poultry to grains? You rinse rice for a better cooking experience, not for bacteria and other germs.

I thought we were specifically discussing washing chicken, not rinsing food in general.....

The only measuring cup for rice
image-mans-finger-pointing-260nw-490983649__01.jpg

UMMMM, why are you correlating poultry to grains?
Cuz I don't believe some of you do the necessary things when preparing food.

Its the same type of correlation when you said ppl who have messy offices probably have messy homes.

I am not at all surprised to come across a person who doesn't clean chicken or know how to also doesn't clean rice before cooking it.

I'd go a step further and say those ppl don't know how to season either :lol:

It's all connected.

Last edited:
I tend to trust the CDC, FDA, and USDA on these matters over the deeply-held beliefs of people on a sneaker forum, but that's just me.

This is interesting.

The link briefly mentions soaking food but mainly regards ppl who run food under a faucet and let water splash everywhere :lol:

Joint not consistent at all.

Somebody needs to demonstrate how cross contamination comes about when ppl do it the right way.

Here's my thing though: I'm in the "don't wash chicken" crowd, eat chicken a couple of times a week, and never experience any adverse reactions or food-borne illnesses.

So if I can eat "unwashed" chicken for years and years (decades, really) without consequence, what exactly am I saving myself from by washing it?

At this point, people are choosing to not get it. Transferring chicken from package where it’s been sitting in its slime to pan/pot is just foul 🤷🏿‍♂️
Same ppl who cant season. I'm telling you.

Could you imagine seasoning that like it's all good?

Here's my thing though: I'm in the "don't wash chicken" crowd, eat chicken a couple of times a week, and never experience any adverse reactions or food-borne illnesses.

So if I can eat "unwashed" chicken for years and years (decades, really) without consequence, what exactly am I saving myself from by washing it?
IT!

Cuz I don't believe sone of you due the necessary things when preparing food.

Its the same type of correlation when you said ppl who have messy offices probably have messy homes.

I am not at all surprised to come across a person who doesn't clean chicken or know how to also doesn't clean rice before cooking it.

I'd go a step further and say those ppl don't know how to season either :lol:

It's all connected.
Most people rinse poultry and rinse rice for 2 totally separate reasons though.....one is for cleaning germs off of it and the other is for better cooking.....that is what I was saying.

As far as seasoning food, that is quite subjective because some people season very heavy and some people do not season enough and that opinion will vary from person to person. Some people IMO season too heavy and I would rather have to add seasoning/sauce to something myself than have to drink mad glasses of water or throw the food away because it was seasoned too much. Again though, what is too much or too little seasoning for me will be different for you and everybody else.

Dats why I remind myself and update this thread occasionally
:lol: Main reason I don't have a post in there is cuz I read the thread title and say out loud NO.

Now at the (black) church afternoon brunch and lunch I can get my grub on.

Most people rinse poultry and rinse rice for 2 totally separate reasons though.....one is for cleaning germs off of it and the other is for better cooking.....that is what I was saying.
And I'm saying, I do not believe some of you ppl do either for any reason.

As far as seasoning food, that is quite subjective because some people season very heavy and some people do not season enough and that opinion will vary from person to person. Some people IMO season too heavy and I would rather have to add seasoning/sauce to something myself than have to drink mad glasses of water or throw the food away because it was seasoned too much. Again though, what is too much or too little seasoning for me will be different for you and everybody else.
How do you season your chicken?
Do you use measuring like teaspoons or tablespoons or do you season until every crevice is covered?

How do you season your chicken?
Do you use measuring like teaspoons or tablespoons or do you season until every crevice is covered?
I cover my chicken breast thoroughly because I like for whatever I am using (mainly either lemon pepper or cayenne seasoning) to be all over it. I want to taste it in every bite.

Reaction doesn't need to be immediate

Go get that colonoscopy.

I cover my chicken breast thoroughly because I like for whatever I am using (mainly either lemon pepper or cayenne seasoning) to be all over it. I want to taste it in every bite.
Last question for now .

Are you a kitchen sink chicken seasoner or do you use a separate dish?

Last question for now .

Are you a kitchen sink chicken seasoner or do you use a separate dish?
Well, being that at most I would only cook 2 pieces of chicken at a time, I would use a dish. I never handled loads of pieces of chicken to do it in the sink.

Back
Top Bottom