FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

There’s something about fast food sammiches that don’t seem appealing to me. If I’m going to have a burger it needs to be legit. Also not liking chicken sandwiches. Fast food places are ok for nuggets and fries.

Went shopping in Portland last night with the GF. We were still in ptown at around 630 and we hadn’t eaten since breakfast and still had a 2 hour drive home. Decided to get famous Dave’s for take out and ate it in the car like a couple of pieces of ****. Split a game day platter between the 2 of us. My bowels are regretting my decisions
B3A56A56-91E0-4EE8-829D-52AB9241CF9B.jpeg

spare ribs
Hot link sausages
Hot wings
Fried pickles
Cheese curds
Not pictured is another 7 hotter wings

Went shopping in Portland last night with the GF. We were still in ptown at around 630 and we hadn’t eaten since breakfast and still had a 2 hour drive home. Decided to get famous Dave’s for take out and ate it in the car like a couple of pieces of ****. Split a game day platter between the 2 of us. My bowels are regretting my decisions
B3A56A56-91E0-4EE8-829D-52AB9241CF9B.jpeg

spare ribs
Hot link sausages
Hot wings
Fried pickles
Cheese curds
Not pictured is another 7 hotter wings

How did yall clean yall's hands after eating something like that in the car?

it was messy I’m not gonna lie. We have a giant Lysol hand wipe container we blew through. Plus a bag of napkins and hand sani.

im also ashamed to admit........the GF ate her wings.....with a fork. Lordhavemercy
B0C0861B-3E16-4130-8666-03C71B458E23.gif

Please take you automobile to get a HEAVY vacuum. It is food particles all over that car man. :smh:

Short Rib Benedict with spinach and butternut squash (underneath the eggs) and potatoes from Silver Diner in Gaithersburg, Maryland

I do not like hollandaise sauce, so I guess this is pretty much short rib, over easy eggs, spinach and butternut squash on an English muffin. LOL

20201116_110209.jpg
Short rib? Butternut squash? Sounds fire

i used to do FF on road trips but can't do it anymore. a little hunger is not worth it to inevitably feel ****** later

i'd rather save unhealthy meals on good food wherever i'm headed

the exception i make is CFA when traveling through the South. they're typically easy to find

Which route was taken?
How long were yall in the car?

That is a wild road trip just hearing THAT.

I’ve driven from LA to places in Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada and pretty deep into Mexico. Some drives between 8-12 hour, through a lot of fairly rural, sparsely populated areas. It’s not unusual on those kind routes to have gaps of 100 miles or more between food stops.

So, for me, if I’m passing a place when I’m hungry and won’t see food again for at least a couple hours, and it’s a choice between McDonalds and a place I’ve never heard of that doesn’t look super clean, I’ll go McDonalds.

Back
Top Bottom