FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

With Thanksgiving being next week. What are y'all making and do you have any Thanksgiving staples in your household?
We’re not gathering with family this year so me and the gf are gonna try our hand in making stuff we’ve never made from scratch before.

so far we wanna try making pumpkin and apple pies from scratch. Eggnog for the whisky. And homemade bread rolls. We’re obviously gonna roast a Turkey but we don’t have anything else thought up yet. Any suggestions on good made from scratch ideas?

Usually, we got around 60-70 people. Will probably be about 15 this year.

Escovitch Fish
Maybe Fried Turkey
Roast Chicken
Fried Chicken
Oxtail or Roast Beef
Vegan Slaw
Roast Veggies
Fresh veggies
Steam Veggies
Curry Goat
Mac and Cheese
Rice and peas

Last edited:
If this is light, what’s a normal thanksgiving?

:smh: At canned cranberry sauce

I know I need to learn to make it. Every year I try to make something new but this year I’m not up for it. I was supposed to smoke my turkey but not feeling it either.

lol basically the same just larger quantities. People are asking me for plates so trying to meet everyone’s request.

Which one do you usually go to?

I usually mess with the one in Laurel.

You buy anything else from them? (On a non-TG trip)

I come in Peace.
Upper Marlboro. Didn’t know there was one in laurel.
I only get bread. Nothing else. There be a lot going on in there.

05FA5345-0F8F-4265-9FA1-6E5EF0108CD0.jpeg

mucha.....AAAZZZUUUUCCCAAAAAARRRRR📣:wow:
Dios mio.

I know I need to learn to make it. Every year I try to make something new but this year I’m not up for it. I was supposed to smoke my turkey but not feeling it either.

lol basically the same just larger quantities. People are asking me for plates so trying to meet everyone’s request.
I promise it’s the simplest dish you can make. Get a bag of cranberries, put some water in the pot, boil the water and cranberries, add sugar and spices and it’s done.

You a real one for cooking a while spread. I’m just making 3 of my favorite items.

I need to try that. I haven't bought any Meats from them.

I have tried to Pretzel Pizza Twists they make. Those are good.

Their spices section is solid. Flaxseed and Turmeric for a solid price.

Solid overall man.
Yeah the little dine-in spot they have in the market is worth it whenever we get back to that stuff.

I need to try that. I haven't bought any Meats from them.

I have tried to Pretzel Pizza Twists they make. Those are good.

Their spices section is solid. Flaxseed and Turmeric for a solid price.

Solid overall man.

Going to try the one in laurel this year then. Those stuffed pretzel rolls have been a weekly trip for me. That Buffalo chicken ah man. I hate they aren’t open today!

Road Trips? :lol:

Dozens of other options out there.

But the "any sandwich" I can understand the head scratch but there are tons of FF Options.

sure. But sometimes its the “fastest” option. Quality notwithstanding.

i cant even eat that **** anymore. as much as i love nuggets and thier fries, I always get mud butt when i eat fast food from the big 4. Sans popeyes.

been to chips I like the blueberry cheesecake cookie. the menu changes
everyday its best to check the website before you go.

Yeah we're usually 40-50 in a house for Thanksgiving, but this year it'll be my family of four, my brother, and my parents. Most of my family are down in California and we had to cancel the trip down for obvious reasons.

I'm getting that Cajun Turkey from Popeye's and will be making gravy from the dripping for the wifey's mashed potatoes. Only thing I do for Thanksgiving is baked Mac & Cheese with Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar, and Gouda with toasted panko on top. This year I may just mess around and make it with Gruyere and Beecher's Flagship Cheese. Other than that, we're planning cranberry sauce, charcuterie board, and likely glazed ham. I mess with the greenbean casserole but any greens would do to offset the heaviness of everything LOL!

Back
Top Bottom