FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Brisket tacos. Toasted yolk. Sourdough french toast.
183263DE-57B5-4F09-A0A1-16A266A16983.jpeg

Since I did not eat anything yesterday, I am straight grubbin' today with some delivery from Silver Diner.

Boneless chicken and pecan waffle with extra cherry pepper honey and syrup and wild caught shrimp and grits with andouille, tomatoes, scallions in a Louisiana-style sauce, cheesy grits and crispy onion straws.

20201213_125254.jpg

What am i
Missing about prime rib? Now im a meduim rare to meduim depending on the cut type of guy, but all that blood on a prime rib is a bit much for me. With lackluster tatse.

maybe its been the places ive had it. Enlighten me ya.
Sometimes I crave and enjoy a good prime rib, but I can't dispute this. There's not much to it.

What am i
Missing about prime rib? Now im a meduim rare to meduim depending on the cut type of guy, but all that blood on a prime rib is a bit much for me. With lackluster tatse.

maybe its been the places ive had it. Enlighten me ya.

It's delicious when cooked right, with a nice seasoned crust and some horseradishes on the side :emoji_fire:. Used to cop the $9.99 deal at the Teeter on Thursdays. Would much rather have prime rib than a turkey on Thanksgiving or ham on Christmas.

I’ve been wanting to try grinding my own meat and I picked up this manual grinder in a Goodwill recently ($4!).

Turned a big lump of clearance beef into burgers. It was a little lean so they were a bit dry. Not bad though and I’d like to try again with a fattier cut (or keep some trimmings from something else to mix in.

B76EA92C-9B55-4990-A5F6-045F5FD72EE3.jpeg

789A8171-68FD-4B24-AE89-42AAA42A94DE.jpeg

3FCD82DA-CBB7-4C1F-BAB7-9293BCD2FF9D.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to try grinding my own meat and I picked up this manual grinder in a Goodwill recently ($4!).

Turned a big lump of clearance beef into burgers. It was a little lean so they were a bit dry. Not bad though and I’d like to try again with a fattier cut (or keep some trimmings from something else to mix in.

B76EA92C-9B55-4990-A5F6-045F5FD72EE3.jpeg

789A8171-68FD-4B24-AE89-42AAA42A94DE.jpeg

3FCD82DA-CBB7-4C1F-BAB7-9293BCD2FF9D.jpeg

#SmashGang

What u order ?
A taco

Never thought this truck would get a feature lol. They cater almost exclusively to the techie crowd. I see them posted up outside the salesforce tower.

Not bad but it doesn’t compare to the al pastor trucks you find in LA.

nobody has ever talked about the truck in the city. It’s random as hell they even got a feature.

You mess with Leo’s in LA?

Back
Top Bottom