FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

GIF advice crush asks - animated GIF on GIFER

When done RIGHT, I am picking corn 100/100 times over flours.

But the issue is corn tortillas can be soggy if they aren't prepared right. (Always ask them to cook them slightly longer.)

Also, if you are traveling with or having them delivered Corn wouldn't be a smart move due to guaranteed sogginess.

If someone making the corn tortillas at the door as soon as you walk in then I know they'll be fire. Otherwise the flour tortilla is right more often than the corn. A mix is probably the right answer.

Corn tortillas
Flour tortillas
Hand made tortillas
Your abuelitas tortillas

Idc

As long as the carne is delicious and it’s all put together nicely, I’m in
I mean I'll take abuelas carnitas in a corn shell over anything at Taco Bell 30 times out of 20 (twice on 10 Sundays).

My baby brother is in town and has requested vegetarian tacos and so I'm thinking fried avocado tacos should do the trick.

Prepped the the avocados last night and tossed them in the freezer.& now I'm prepping the black beans and guacamole.

All_Three_Seasonings_0e2417e8-22d1-4cb3-8b75-5807564dd384_600x.jpg

I'm planning on frying up low carb tortillas in avocado oil and also cooking up some taco seasoned fajita style veggies later tonight, but I'm currently struggling to think of what else these could use. to really raise the bar. Any recommendations would be most welcomed. Thanks mates! :emoji_taco::emoji_hot_pepper::emoji_avocado:

Lebron.jpg

My baby brother is in town and has requested vegetarian tacos and so I'm thinking fried avocado tacos should do the trick.

Prepped the the avocados last night and tossed them in the freezer.& now I'm prepping the black beans and guacamole.

All_Three_Seasonings_0e2417e8-22d1-4cb3-8b75-5807564dd384_600x.jpg

I'm planning on frying up low carb tortillas in avocado oil and also cooking up some taco seasoned fajita style veggies later tonight, but I'm currently struggling to think of what else these could use. to really raise the bar. Any recommendations would be most welcomed. Thanks mates! :emoji_taco::emoji_hot_pepper::emoji_avocado:

Lebron.jpg

Salsa, cheese, and sour cream would set them off

I used to be a corn tortilla elitist, but then I got a bit deeper on the game. A good, homemade flour tortilla is NOT to be slept on. Fresh and homemade are they key. Those store bought flour tortillas are not an accurate representation.

I mean even store bought… think I’d rather have flour

Nothing beats a fresh corn but I think flour has a wider range of being decent

I used to be a corn tortilla elitist, but then I got a bit deeper on the game. A good, homemade flour tortilla is NOT to be slept on. Fresh and homemade are they key. Those store bought flour tortillas are not an accurate representation.
That I'll agree with, because
homemade anything > factory made anything.

im curious - are there any food smells that instantly bring you back to your childhood / grandparents or parents house?

For me it’s the smell of freshly chopped garlic.

I marinade meats every now and then and when I do I usually chop some garlic. When I do, the smell instantly takes me back to my grandparents house. My grandma used fresh garlic in so much of the food we ate, and it’s become a nostalgic smell to me.

Garlic fries or garlic powder or minced garlic don’t do it. It’s gotta be the fresh and chopped. It almost makes me feel like a kid again on summer vacation.

Crazy how food / scent has that power.

La tejana in Dc makes amazing flour tortillas

1st off, hello. Good to see you. Hope you are doing well.

Second, I have NEVER thought of eating there because all of those places on that strip except for BeauThai look dirty as hell. So good to know they are aight? I WILL try them.

[]
I’ve never been to that area. Until I went for the breakfast tacos. I got the brisket and egg. Lowkey I likely got the scraps of brisket because they were the overcooked pieces. It was still good tho lol. They get their brisket from 2fifty so that’s a plus.

And I’m doing well thank you for asking. You?

Back
Top Bottom