FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Feels like Hell’s Kitchen in here 🔥

source.gif

@kingkoopa no disrespect but you haven’t been to a Michelin Star have you? - in my DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican voice
Have no idea what that is lol
Oh you talkin about the people who make tires who started their own rankings.

Pssshhh, I dont take that seriously.
Because you haven’t been to one or....?

The restaurant industry seems to take them QUITE seriously.
Because they make tires!
Marketing 101

Nothing wrong with not being into fine dining fam
Thanks, I needed you to tell me that.
That’s what they pay me the big bucks for:nthat:

Turkey meatloaf
Garlic bread
Broccoli
Rice and gravy

my meatloaf always looks like trash but taste 🔥
09DF7505-7908-4213-A42A-FA2D62333EC4.jpeg

How does the meatloaf look like trash? I don't know how to make it myself, but it's soft by default so it only makes sense for it to break apart.

Don't be discouraged about the way it looks as long as it's edible and won't get anyone else or yourself sick. Just keep making it your way.

How does the meatloaf look like trash? I don't know how to make it myself, but it's soft by default so it only makes sense for it to break apart.

Don't be discouraged about the way it looks as long as it's edible and won't get anyone else or yourself sick. Just keep making it your way.

Some people use eggs or tomato paste that makes it stick more together. That way it cuts and serves like an actual “slice of a loaf of meat” but I Dom like sweet meatloaf nor spaghetti for that matter.

I've been doing research online with restaurants at malls out of my vicinity that I plan to visit, and nothing interests me unfortunately, especially with their prices.

I'm bougie as hell with where I eat because I refuse to eat fast food. But I'm also on a budget because I'm broke like a MF.

I doubt I'll eat at steak restaurants now because I feel they're too exorbitant with prices, especially compared to the price I pay for either New York steak or ribeye steak at the markets. You can't beat $4.99 or sometimes a little less than that per pound when they have sales. That's basically like $5 or more per piece in a pack! So it's too expensive for over $20 a steak at a restaurant. Some bougie as hell MF restaurants actually charge $50 and up per steak! I'd rather use time to prepare and cook my own steaks because it saves me a boatload of money like that.

For the people who cook regularly, have you changed your mind about eating outside by seeing how much you save by going to the market and cooking it yourself? It has for me honestly. And I used to eat steaks at restaurants years ago. I've changed my choice since I got cast iron cookware and started learning to cook almost a year ago.

I love messin around with ingredients for my pizza. We get fresh pizza dough from our local Co-op. Fresh is definitely the way to go if you have the means. I should try my hand at making it myself.

Anyways, here's a recent pie. Wagyu steak slices(forgot the cut) diced peppadew peppers, fresh Buffalo mozzarella. Organic: kiwi, red peppers, onions, jalapenos, and a few spices for the crust.

Also, team pineapple on pizza.
F1C19F83-A149-40B3-8009-3D07EFE91719.jpeg

They delete posts in here without giving reasons now?
You mean give reasons in the thread? They always did that unless it turned in to a big flame war. As for PM depends if you also get warned.

I love messin around with ingredients for my pizza. We get fresh pizza dough from our local Co-op. Fresh is definitely the way to go if you have the means. I should try my hand at making it myself.

Anyways, here's a recent pie. Wagyu steak slices(forgot the cut) diced peppadew peppers, fresh Buffalo mozzarella. Organic: kiwi, red peppers, onions, jalapenos, and a few spices for the crust.

Lost me with the kiwi if only cuz of all those seeds but I guess something is needed to counteract the wagyu, red peppers, and jalapenos.

Last edited:

Kiwi on pizza? 🤔 im intrigued

Back
Top Bottom