FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The Trader Joe's Items Our Editors Can't Leave the Store Without Buying | Better Homes & Gardens

Lunch. Same deal, chicken instead of chickpeas this time.

20210330_120659.jpg

What’s the must eats in nyc?
You can go to Negril Village. They have one in the city and one in Brooklyn. I know the one in Brooklyn is open now for indoor and outdoor dining, but not certain if that's the case for the Manhattan location. You can also hit up sweet chick as well.

Why are all the golden crusts only 3 stars 👀
Probably the attitude. Each location operates differently though. Some cook on the premises and some cook elsewhere and then delivered to the premises. But if you're going to do Jamaican, I would look elsewhere. Far too many other options in NYC to settle on Golden Crust.

Why are all the golden crusts only 3 stars 👀

lol they don't care about service at all, even more so than most Jamaican spots.

What I like about Golden Crust is they don't skimp out on the extra sauce and gravy.

I hate going to Jamaican spots were they give you dry *** jerk chicken with no sauce. :smh:

Been on a Greek kick lately. Gonna get horiatiki with sides of lamb gyro and chicken souvlaki. Just need help figuring out an appetizer:

Been on a Greek kick lately. Gonna get horiatiki with sides of lamb gyro and chicken souvlaki. Just need help figuring out an appetizer:

Grab that pickled octopus.

Yeah I love moussaka and pastitsio, but we're trying to keep things on the lighter side tonight.

Might split a piece of baklava though.

My middle eastern coworkers stay tryna feed me baklava. That stuff is way too sweet. I can feel my teeth rotting and blood glucose going up while eating it :rofl:

no I dont wanna take this whole box home with me:rofl:

Last edited:
I like a lot of middle eastern food but I can’t stand baklava. The sweetness doesn’t bother me, the consistency does. Yellow/orange mangos are the same thing for me. While green mangos I’m cool with.

I need a half-sugar version of Baklava because the last few times I've had it I could barely eat any of it because it was so damn sweet.

I enjoy the texture of it though.

Back
Top Bottom