FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

i always like trying local food spots when i go on vacation. but food isn't a huge priority for a lot of people. so makes sense they want something familiar to just get a meal in when on vacation

PLENTY of people.

PLENTY. Nowhere near as uncommon as you are making it out to be. :lol:

Right. When I go (used to go :frown:) to conferences out of town, we’d get like 1.5 hour lunch break. If I’m hungry and the first thing I see when I walk out of the hotel is Cheesecake Factory or CPK, damn right I’m going there instead of hunting around for a local spot.

Can happen on vacation too. Sometimes it’s just easier to go with the known quantity; especially if you are on vacation with young kids.

As with anything, it depends on the situation.

Do you need something quick that you can trust?

Are you getting something to hold you over until later?

I don't think it is a "Nah, I'll never do that" type of thing at all.

But I would try to avoid it as much as possible.
With technology these days, especially if you are going to another city, there aren’t really any excuses about not being able to find food imo.
You can Google “food near me” and get 100’s of results and reviews

With technology these days, especially if you are going to another city, there aren’t really any excuses about not being able to find food imo.
You can Google “food near me” and get 100’s of results and reviews
Yea, I'm not arguing THAT.

I am saying sometimes the situation might call for you just grabbing something fast that you trust.

There might not be anything around you that interests you and you don't have much time to travel.

In short, to say "NEVER do it" is extreme.

Sweet plantains, egg, and coco bread
05CD443D-3DB1-4F2A-ACAC-B365FFD90F11.jpeg

EDCF4BA2-5103-45B5-A801-C57AC925AF0C.jpeg

Nah they were pretty average at best. Too much garlic seasoning and the lemon gave it a weird after taste.

Back
Top Bottom