FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

It is eaten by Arab, "persian" and Eastern European cultures (e. Turkey).

Is turkey considered an Eastern European country though? Generally that term is associated with the Slavic countries. I mean it is in Eastern Europe but it’s more a Balkan country if we want to associate it to a region. Baklava is definitely not part of the cuisine in Slavic households.

Bye Doughnuts
Bacon ain't too far behind

Mad late but tacos, can get a burrito
4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Is turkey considered an Eastern European country though? Generally that term is associated with the Slavic countries. I mean it is in Eastern Europe but it’s more a Balkan country if we want to associate it to a region. Baklava is

Turkey is in southeast Europe.

Balkan culture is a melting pot which is influenced by Ottoman, Mediterranian and Arabic/Muslim culture. So it wouldn't be weird for Baklava to be eaten in for example, a Bosnian household.

I personally wouldn't consider Turkey a south eastern European country. 90% of it's land area is east of the Bosphorus and is culturally more similar to other central Asian Turkic regions or even the Middle East than any where in Europe.

Anywho, I thought the dessert originated in Ukraine or something.

I personally wouldn't consider Turkey a south eastern European country. 90% of it's land area is east of the Bosphorus and is culturally more similar to other central Asian Turkic regions or even the Middle East than any where in Europe.

Anywho, I thought the dessert originated in Ukraine or something.

Originated in Turkey during the ottoman empire then modified by the Greek. The recipe was spread throughout the Arab and Eastern European cultures including many "Slavic countries" like Bosnia.

Turkey sits on the border of many cultures and religions including Eastern European and Arab. It is in very close proximity to many countries we consider "slavic".

20210331_072549.jpg

Made Horseradish tuna pasta salad

Twirls, corn, tomatoes, dried raisins, red onions, sweet pickles, albacore, horseradish sauce, olive oil mayo, paprika

Even when I was eating meat, never was big on lamb. It’s ok, but never had it and thought,
“Man, this is really delicious.”

As with anything, it depends on the situation.

Do you need something quick that you can trust?

Are you getting something to hold you over until later?

I don't think it is a "Nah, I'll never do that" type of thing at all.

But I would try to avoid it as much as possible.

I don't really count fast food. sometimes you just need to eat something

if you're planning out a meal in advance and going somewhere you can eat at home that's pretty wack

Back
Top Bottom