FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Yo brisket is heavy, 3 or 4 slices it's a wrap. Came out pretty good wasn't over/under salted. I need a better knife to slice this thing. Might smoke another one this weekend to get some reps in. Talkin bout ketchup is it a crime to dip some brisket in some?

20210426_154101.jpg

To be fair, I do taste the food before being ketchup into it.

Except red beans and rice - I don’t care for it. So ketchup helps it. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

We know most of these folks in here have the spice tolerance of infants.

But yall praise Grine Grine 's "tastes" because he owns a few planes and is able to travel whenever he wants. :smh:

Who’s “y’all”? Hunnynutcheerios Hunnynutcheerios , for one, definitely does not praise Grine Grine for his ketchup use. :lol:

Personally, I don’t think it’s my place to tell another adult how to eat.

Yo brisket is heavy, 3 or 4 slices it's a wrap. Came out pretty good wasn't over/under salted. I need a better knife to slice this thing. Might smoke another one this weekend to get some reps in. Talkin bout ketchup is it a crime to dip some brisket in some?

20210426_154101.jpg

If you’re dipping it in ketchup, I’m curious on the taste... why do you need to mask your brisket? How long it smoke for? Looks like it could a little longer based on the lack of smoke ring. How was the pull test?

20210426_154101.jpg
What smoker do you use?

How has Master Zik Master Zik not weighed in on the ketchup subject yet?
I'm on both sides a bit.

Plus we've had this discussion before.

I put ketchup on a handful of things; burgers, hot dog, fries, fried chicken sandwich

Not tacos. Not eggs. I don't put any type of sauce on pizza.

Mess with spicy and chipolte mayo.

Everything else that's reasonable is on a case by case basis.

I typically dont like plain mayo on anything but it’s appreciated on a BLT. I’m weird with plain sour cream, dont care for it on anything but slaps with a baked potato idk :lol:

If you’re dipping it in ketchup, I’m curious on the taste... why do you need to mask your brisket? How long it smoke for? Looks like it could a little longer based on the lack of smoke ring. How was the pull test?

I figured since the hot topic is ketchup I'd play along. It took a long *** time (11hr) to smoke since it was 0 degrees C last night and i didn't wrap it during the stall. I let run all night since the WSM holds 230 real well, I slept through most of it. From what I understand, the type of smoker I use does not produce big smoke rings compared to the big drums or pellet smokers but then again it's my first brisket so what do I know. I mostly smoke ribs. The next one I do im going to inject just to see. Do you compete?

What smoker do you use?

Weber Smokey Mountain. I usually use lump charcoal but went with brickets this time for longer burn time.

I figured since the hot topic is ketchup I'd play along. It took a long *** time (11hr) to smoke since it was 0 degrees C last night and i didn't wrap it during the stall. I let run all night since the WSM holds 230 real well, I slept through most of it. From what I understand, the type of smoker I use does not produce big smoke rings compared to the big drums or pellet smokers but then again it's my first brisket so what do I know. I mostly smoke ribs. The next one I do im going to inject just to see. Do you compete?

Weber Smokey Mountain. I usually use lump charcoal but went with brickets this time for longer burn time.

no man I wish. No time with minions. I smoke with a pellet grill so was curious. I do see a smoke ring but just wasn’t as visible.
How’d it taste and how was the elasticity. Going to smoke a brisket for cinco de Mayo for sure.

do you ever add wood chips?

Thinking about getting a Smokey mountain but I already have a kettle so I don’t think I need it
But I want one :lol:

Back
Top Bottom