FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Buttered roll spread for Mother’s day:
2FF3F10B-5226-457C-8D28-DF991A8866E6.jpeg

Beautifully presented, but does not align with my personal taste preferences. And capers freak me out.

Isn't New Jersey diner capital of the world?
Man if I lived there I would eat at a diner everyday and I would never have to pump my own gas :lol:
Live like a king!
Yes I would like some more hash browns thank you very much

yep there's almost a diner in every town and not pumping your own gas is clutch in the winter or rain lol...

I went to a restaurant on a date with my wife and im not used to lox bagel sandwiches. It was like 25 bucks per sandwich. Is that normal?

It was good but nowhere close to 25 dollars good.
25 is not normal unless it’s an insane amount of salmon or really high quality. Was it a high end place?

I went to a restaurant on a date with my wife and im not used to lox bagel sandwiches. It was like 25 bucks per sandwich. Is that normal?

It was good but nowhere close to 25 dollars good.
$25 is pretty wild. I think the most expensive one you can get from Russ & Daughters is like $20.

25 is not normal unless it’s an insane amount of salmon or really high quality. Was it a high end place?

Yea it was a "high end" jazz bar during brunch but still. And no, the sandwich wasn't all that big and I'm really not sure what a lot of salmon is. I know smoked salmon is expensive so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Yea it was a "high end" jazz bar during brunch but still. And no, the sandwich wasn't all that big and I'm really not sure what a lot of salmon is. I know smoked salmon is expensive so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
yeah they are taxing cause of the atmosphere and still shouldn't be that much.
there's a place over here called kenny & ziggy's that is famous for the size of their portions.
they give you a whole plate of smoked salmon that can easily feed a family and that's only 18.95.
they even make their own bagels fresh everyday and their salmon is flown in daily.

Crazy. Was heading home from Hot Boys yesterday when I noticed Belly and thought to myself “I need to try that place”!

definitely give it a go. it's a little overpriced for the portions but their steak is good in the burritos and tacos. never tried the burgers but those look good too

Back
Top Bottom