FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I don't think my pizza hut or papa john's have jalapeno options. Or maybe i've just never noticed. My papi john's location don't include packets of red pepper or parmesean either. Last time I ordered from them was a Wednesday night and it took almost an hour and forty minutes to get my food. Never ordering from there again.

Last edited:

@MPLSdunk   Any tips on cooking steak on an open fire grill? Charcoal. Never cooked one on there before. I don't own a themometer. 
I have some tips but you didn't ask me 

tumblr_nbfdn6ia9T1s1jhxno1_500.gif

It took me a while to learn how to grill steaks to a medium, medium rare on a charcoal grill. I gotta constantly move them since the fat dripping off them kick the flames up like crazy. I buy those big steaks from Costco and grill 8-12 minutes each side. I'm an amateur and don't use a thermometor or figured how done they are by just touching them. I'll just make a little cut in the middle and see what color it is.

dat adobada taco doe :pimp:

can't even rep you.....used all my rep on that superb thread :lol:

Last edited:
Goodness gracious.

NT LA summit at a buffet needs to happen. I'll challenge chiva1908 chiva1908 for the eating throne. :nerd:

I'll probably be the first to go out :rofl:

Last edited:
Went to Smorgasburg last Saturday. Pretty dope, definitely wanna go again soon. 

The Ramen Noodle Burger

Chicken and Waffles from The ButterMilk Channel 

Chipotle Beef and guacamole nachos 

Y'all should get a thermometer, I have one I bought from Kroger. Use it all of the time when grilling.

Yesterday I put some ribeyes and corn still in the husk on the grill, and my girl made scalloped potatoes. The corn was so sweet we didn't even need butter, going to buy more this week.

Oh i gets down on the grill too!

seasoned to prefection new york steaks.

2 day marinade of whole chickens using the family recipe.

finished product I rub the meat down with a bbq sauce i made trying new seasonings to give it the UMMMMFFHHH!

You got me wondering how chicken will taste with some Henny marinade lol.

How do you like using a gas grill? Everyone around me swears by charcoal, I've never used one before but I'm intrigued. Seems a lot easier to control the temperatures

You got me wondering how chicken will taste with some Henny marinade lol.

How do you like using a gas grill? Everyone around me swears by charcoal, I've never used one before but I'm intrigued. Seems a lot easier to control the temperatures

LOL! Before you do henny marinade i suggest trying if you want try jacks honey with your marinade and then as your basting sauce as well. Gas i like because the time value vs charcoal. however charcoal i like because of the flavor along with adding the mesquite chips,,,, :smokin Really up to preference. I use both every now and then. But when i have a game to watch or friends and family coming over i take her out. so i can serve my guest and also make a side dish of baked beans while having the potatoe salad made from the day before. If i really want to get technical with it i also have a smoker. However i hardly use it because you can barely get the smell Off your skin and clothes even after a nice shower. Lol takes a while but the taste……. The taste of a slow cooked steak or honey baked ham or ribs!...........

I was reading an article on fb from that site thrillist about grilling a steak. This girl commented and said it should only take 6-8 minutes. I was like wth is she talking about. If she's cooking one of those really thin struggle steaks then it's possible. I posted in this thread that it takes me 8-12 to grill just one side of those thick Costco size steaks.

I'm no grill expert by any means, but I've never had to use a thermometer. It's really about how thick the steak is and just eyeing it. I grill just often enough to know when to yank em off the grill.

I just use Montreal Seasoning, both sides...

if i had to guess an actual time, i'd probably say 6-8 minutes on each side. obviously would vary on the thickness.

*btw, repped for those NY Strips up there! my favorite cut.

Chiva :pimp:

Seems like we're always in the same area dtla (work) la puente / covina / etc

a thermometer just takes the guess work out of it. I've removed a steak from the grill too early way too many times. You can also tell by touching the meat, this works fairly well but I've still ended up with a steak that was too rare doing this. It's a little difficult to tell at first but the more times you cook the easier it'll become

Back
Top Bottom