FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Just arrived in vegas, first place we go to...... Ihop...
Hash a go go later. That place is ( () ) Y ( () )

Hit up Joe's Crab Shack yesterday. Not sure why it took me so long to come here. Loved it

Snow crab legs, shrimp, sausage and potatoes boil. 

Wild rice, stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon w/ hush puppies and broccoli

tbh, I woke up at 6 and went to 3 different English/Irish pubs and had 3 different breakfasts to watch football...... and forgot to take pics all 3 times.

ohwell.gif

Can sumone explain "gamey" to me.

Or like give an example.

As I understand it's more of a texture, like chewy in a sense that it's tough to break down?

Edit: example...lamb :lol: the few times I've had lamb that's the vibe I got

Last edited:
I doubt gamey has anything to do with texture, it would be sort of a natural, raw, earthy, rank flavor on the back end. Like goat.

Explain all of this please. **** looks GOOD.

First one is combo koobideh kabob (ground chicken and beef) along with basmati rice, tomato, and mint. (Tip: use the butter they give you and put in on your rice and let it melt and mix there. Makes rice really flavorful and moist. Make sure you add the sumac (the red seasoning on the table) too. This is at a Persian restaurant near winnetka and Ventura in the SFV called Asal. Pretty priced well for kabob ($9). Really juicy and flavorful for a small place

Other restaurant is also in the valley but along Ventura and Encino called Thai n I. It was a combo plate of pad Thai, fried rice and Thai BBQ ribs. It was $15. Kind of too much for one person but not enough for two people but eh I wasn't that hungry. Really good flavor that you don't get anywhere else. I'm not sure how many Thai BBQ places are out there too cause I know the original Thai BBQ restaurant isn't as good anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom