FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I doubt gamey has anything to do with texture, it would be sort of a natural, raw, earthy, rank flavor on the back end. Like goat.

hmm alright. I was thinking more of "consistency" instead of "texture" but couldnt think of the correct word. But i get everyone's point, havent had much game meat but as far as lamb I could tell it was gamey, but couldnt describe it properly. It is a strong flavor though.

Last edited:
Today:

2 of these and 2 sausage mcmuffins (not pictured)

Cheeseburger combo from Chris's:

Uncle Henry's deli Pastrami sandwich (12 ounces of meat, nh) x Craft beer (forgot the name, so good) + sampler

Always gotta put da fries in da buns

Dis is why cali>>

Today I tried Poutine. Shoutout to fenixconnexion. fenixconnexion. for telling me what Poutine was.
This was a modern Asian twist Poutine.

Oh yea. And the potatoe thing you buy at the fair lol

Last edited:
poutine makes me sad. 
frown.gif

anywho, what are you guys cooking for mother's day? 
laugh.gif
 i'm brainstorming ideas but i have no idea what to make. 
nerd.gif

earlier i baked a butter sponge cake and made some frosting since today's my mom's birthday too. i plan to write in strawberry glaze "happy bday mom! love, tina" but i'm letting the cake cool down completely overnight. will post a pic of the final product tomorrow.

Last edited:
Pic dump 

Kanelsnurrer

Crispy chicken skin, scallop roe emulsion, winter pickles

Burnt honey cake, cep mushroom butter, coffee grounds crisp, licorice, lemon

Cabbage, chicken hearts, mushroom, chicken skin, buckwheat

Brown butter cake, Rhubarb, tarragon ice cream

Churros and ice cream

Vesterhavs cheese fried egg BLT

Burgers, applewood honey smoked bacon, sweet potato fries

Liquid nitrogen salty caramel ice cream

Lamb knuckle, lentils, tomatoes, asparagus, potato, au jous with chocolate sauce

Barley, spelt, rye. licorice sugar, toasted walnuts, banana

chiva1908 chiva1908 chriss so clutch, zuchini fries :pimp: u like juans pollo across the street?

Just came back from redondo beach - quality seafood for mamis day, we survived.

^ I eat at Chris's a lot because it's close to my job. Whenever I don't pack a lunch or whenever I eat my lunch beforehand (it happens A LOT) I'll order something from Chris'. From the time I clock out to the time I get back and start eating is about 10-11 minutes :lol:

Back
Top Bottom