FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20211210_195432.jpg

What should I do with this?

The Mama Cozzi's ones they have on the perimeter with the breadsticks. The non-frozen ones.

Good, but I still think Motor City is da GOAT frozen pizza.

Tree Tavern is also underrated for what it is. The dough reminds me of biscuit dough, but it works.
That Motor City ain't no joke. Definitely the goat. Wild how it stays crispy & fluff in that tray. Ima try that Mama Cozzi's & Tree Taven too.

^^^ If you see something on the Internet, it’s “true” if you want it to be. That’s how the world works these days.

I can’t remember which one but my friend told me one of them don’t even stock shelves. They just open the cardboard boxes the food was shipped in and put it out smh

I can’t remember which one but my friend told me one of them don’t even stock shelves. They just open the cardboard boxes the food was shipped in and put it out smh
They also don't have bags. You have to find one of those cardboard boxes empty on the shelf and use it to pack your groceries in or bring your own bags
img_20150429_155909794_hdr.jpg

I see no problem with that. Just seems efficient for them and useful for the customer if you need to take one.

I forgot the biggest thing I liked about Aldi, which is the checkout process. They give the cashiers a chair to sit in (something I always wanted when working retail) and the whole experience seems to be focused on minimal chit-chat and keeping the line moving as fast as possible. I can appreciate that.

^^^ A lot of the Trader Joe’s checkers in the LA area are chatty, but still efficient, so I don’t mind.
I think that's part of the training with them. Have yet to have a cashier at Trader Joe's that I wouldn't deem friendly.

It's nice, but I could do without it 100 times out of 100. I appreciate the transparency at Aldi. We don't care about each other and we'd prefer to keep the interaction as brief and business-oriented as possible.

Yea im not sure where people are getting this connection from. Even the whole vibe of both stores are completely different.
Did ya'll read the article?

In Europe, Aldi Nord took over the grocery locations in northern Germany and a large chunk of Europe, while Aldi Süd took over those in southern Germany and several other European countries. In the U.S., Trader Joe’s has been owned by Aldi Nord since the late 1970s, while ALDI stores in the U.S. launched under the ownership of Aldi Süd in the mid-70s. The chains have always operated completely independently of one another, and have never shared joint ownership — so are maybe better referred to as distant cousins?

Like Lidl, part of a cost saving measure so the products are cheaper and employees are paid better.

Back
Top Bottom