FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Mostly because the tables are sprayed down and cleaned in between customers, the napkin and utensils come in contact with the table, and odds are you’re making contact with the table at some point throughout the meal.

Just seems like you’re bogging down on something that’s very low risk.

Got you.

Moving forward, I will only complain about it when folks do it at Fast Food establishments.

Damn that 1400 really stretching a year later huh?

Wild how ****ty and indignant people get at the worst jobs.

the entitlement is insane with these companies. For once the ball isn’t in their court and instead of improving worker conditions they pitch a fit and blame Biden. :lol: Last time I checked I got more free money under trump anyways.

it’s a meaningless dead end job and everyone knows it.

lawdog1 lawdog1

Get that mask off that dirty table man.

that is hilarious. 1 stimmy from Biden, 2 from trump. it’s bidens fault that people don’t wanna work. Yes yes “to much” money. Not the low wages you’re paying your workforce. The wages that are supposed to be fine during the worst inflation in 30 years. Nope. It’s the president who’s been in office for 11 months.

that sign can’t be real. If so, I’m sure ihop corporate came through with the ban hammer on the whole staff.
E6C97205-8DC9-4CAF-8DDF-4E75B67D24C6.gif

Damn that 1400 really stretching a year later huh?

Wild how ****ty and indignant people get at the worst jobs.

People on this chatline also think that way.

Just the other day someone on here suggested someone that got a PPP loan applying for a job 3 months later was being suspicious. :lol:

bruh the melt downs were too much and I honestly can’t relate because I don’t care about my job like that.

I’d be posted on the couch and she just comes on the warpath becasuse her job I’m like here we go… :lol:
Her hustle game on point though. Keep'er...

What don't you understand? I come in peace.

What do you do when you need to use your napkin?
"Excuse me, can I please have some extra napkins."
"No problem sir."

I feel the same way about people putting their phones on dirty public tables.
“Sir” :smh:

bruh the melt downs were too much and I honestly can’t relate because I don’t care about my job like that.

I’d be posted on the couch and she just comes on the warpath becasuse her job I’m like here we go… :lol:

Bro every woman I ever knew or know in my life is like this. I don’t get it it’s just work. We all deal with stressful situations and ****ed up people there. No need to take it home. Just brush it off and keep it moving.

Bro every woman I ever knew or know in my life is like this. I don’t get it it’s just work. We all deal with stressful situations and ****ed up people there. No need to take it home. Just brush it off and keep it moving.

i think it’s just how men handle **** vs woman.

like my job is extremely stressful but I guess I just embrace it and the fact that I’m not replaceable and damn good at it. But it’s not like my boss or anything stresses me and I don’t have anything to prove.

I feel like it’s more a competition to her to be the best.

It definitely varies by individual. My mom is damn near unflappable; way more calm and reasonable than my Dad.

All the other people in my practice group at my office are women and most of them handle pressure as well or better than the men I’ve worked with in my professional career.

how did you cook that prime rib? Looks good as hell. Got me starving.
Yes, please give detail on how the prime rib was cooked. I want to do one on Christmas.

Out last night for dinner, steak was a way too tough and chewy
I always reverse sear

Good sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper each side

in the oven preheated at 230F for ~1hr (30min per lbs) flip half way

take out pat dry with paper towel

preheat a cast iron or stainless steel pan on low

1-2 tablespoons High smoke point oil in the pan

prep about a tablespoon of unsalted butter, some sprigs of thyme (or double the amount of dry thyme if you’re in a pinch), 2 cloves of garlic smashed

turn up heat to med high to high

sear fat cap then sear each side, i flip about every 30sec to a minute ish until I have a nice crust on both sides. About 4 min total. Mine was like 2 inches thick

turn off the heat drop the garlic butter thyme near the handle side tilt towards you. Baste the steak with a spoon on each side about 30sec to a 1 min.

rest ~ 10 min

cut off the rib bone then fat/cap

slice the rib eye and cap

Light Salt bae sprinkle some kosher salt

Enjoy

If I missed something sorry I’m baked.

or watch this

a thick cut prime rib is basically a rib steak or cowboy steak/ tomahawk with the long bone trimmed

Last edited:
I always reverse sear

Good sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper each side

in the oven preheated at 230F for ~1hr (30min per lbs) flip half way

take out pat dry with paper towel

preheat a cast iron or stainless steel pan on low

1-2 tablespoons High smoke point oil in the pan

prep about a tablespoon of unsalted butter, some sprigs of thyme (or double the amount of dry thyme if you’re in a pinch), 2 cloves of garlic smashed

turn up heat to med high to high

sear fat cap then sear each side, i flip about every 30sec to a minute ish until I have a nice crust on both sides. About 4 min total. Mine was like 2 inches thick

turn off the heat drop the garlic butter thyme near the handle side tilt towards you. Baste the steak with a spoon on each side about 30sec to a 1 min.

rest ~ 10 min

cut off the rib bone then fat/cap

slice the rib eye and cap

Light Salt bae sprinkle some kosher salt

Enjoy

If I missed something sorry I’m baked.

or watch this

a thick cut prime rib is basically a rib steak or cowboy steak/ tomahawk with the long bone trimmed

Thanks a lot! About to watch the video

Back
Top Bottom