FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Serbian Village Restaurant

Raznjici
Specially seasoned pork tenderloin presented on a skewer.

Cevapcici
Ground beef and lamb, formed into patties and richly garnished with red and white cabbage salad and roasted potatoes

Pljeskavica
A blend of ground beef and veal formed into a hearty steak with delicious seasonings.
IMG_20220130_174651.jpg

IMG_20220130_180259__01.jpg

IMG_20220130_180347.jpg

Agreed with the above poster, order how you feel. But the point of ordering a high end piece of beef is so you can have it rawer so it’s not as tough. Otherwise you might as well save yourself the money and get a London broil well done. It’ll taste the same.

A lot of people don't know better or are afraid of "undercooked" meat

I can go rare to a dark medium well depending on cut, quality, etc but when you cook all the color out of a steak is when you lose me

I think ordering a well done steak is a waste of steak but if you wanna order a hockey puck go for it
Yeah that's up to you but went out and had two people order the same filet mignon, one medium rare and one well done and you could see the difference. I nice juicy cut vs a dryer cut that seemed like half the size. I'd say **** at least give medium well a try one time, no pink. Well barely any pink.

Agreed with the above poster, order how you feel. But the point of ordering a high end piece of beef is so you can have it rawer so it’s not as tough. Otherwise you might as well save yourself the money and get a London broil well done. It’ll taste the same.
Also gotta keep in mind not all cuts of steak are great quality or high end pieces of beef. Some need to be turned in to ground beef anyway.

Let me know when dudes are cooking A5 wagyu well done.

"People who order their meat well-done perform a valuable service for those of us in the business who are cost-conscious: they pay for the privilege of eating our garbage. In many kitchens, there’s a time-honored practice called “save for well-done.”

When one of the cooks finds a particularly unlovely piece of steak—tough, riddled with nerve and connective tissue, off the hip end of the loin, and maybe a little stinky from age—he’ll dangle it in the air and say, “Hey, Chef, whaddya want me to do with this?”

What he’s going to do is repeat the mantra of cost-conscious chefs everywhere: “Save for well-done.” The way he figures it, the philistine who orders his food well-done is not likely to notice the difference between food and flotsam."

Best BBQ I’ve had in Maryland. Bananas Pudding was :pimp: too.

2Fifty Texas BBQ- Riverdale Park
7ACA834D-3990-4D1F-895C-BA965B0CE2E7.jpeg

Ok, if you vouch for them I will try them out. Ben hearing about them for a while now. The one time I went, they ran out of food and were closing for the night.

Ok, if you vouch for them I will try them out. Ben hearing about them for a while now. The one time I went, they ran out of food and were closing for the night.
My boy who works at UMD had been telling me about it for over a year or so. Finally decided to make the trip to meet him for lunch. He did mention that they can sell out of stuff if you pull up late. The brisket was very, very good. Nice and MOIST.

Also, I tried to stop at Costco in Beltsville to get gas on my way home and the line situation was absolutely disgusting. Spilling out onto Rt 1 :smh:

"People who order their meat well-done perform a valuable service for those of us in the business who are cost-conscious: they pay for the privilege of eating our garbage. In many kitchens, there’s a time-honored practice called “save for well-done.”

When one of the cooks finds a particularly unlovely piece of steak—tough, riddled with nerve and connective tissue, off the hip end of the loin, and maybe a little stinky from age—he’ll dangle it in the air and say, “Hey, Chef, whaddya want me to do with this?”

What he’s going to do is repeat the mantra of cost-conscious chefs everywhere: “Save for well-done.” The way he figures it, the philistine who orders his food well-done is not likely to notice the difference between food and flotsam."
Yeah you’re def getting the lower quality cuts when you order well done also probably piss off the kitchen with your poor taste

I get it but that's pretentious, give the customer what they ordered and paid for.

A lot of chefs are emo weirdos. I remember when i worked at a high end restaurant, those chefs were big time weirdos. Would get in their feelings and mad about the smallest ****.

One of the best steaks I've ever had was a well done stake at Mastros. Juicy and still tender. I order mines medium though.

Back
Top Bottom