FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I like this place. 80's retro vibes. Got the check on a Duck Hunt cartridge. TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I think you'd like this joint.

IMG_20220227_170508__01.jpg

Oh yeah! For sure my type of spot. Food looks bomb too 🔥🔥🔥🤤🤤🤤

No drink? I think I see what appears to be a water but I can’t entirely make it out.

Yes, I always drink water wherever I eat at because it doesn't cost anything.

I refrain from drinking sodas at restaurants since they're normally fake, meaning they're just the syrup flavor/ingredient of a brand mixed with water when dispensed in a cup. I refuse to pay for something not pure or original like how they come in a can or bottle. I also noticed the taste is off from previous experiences. I ain't paying for something bootleg like that.

But I do normally order a milkshake at burger restaurants.

I had a vanilla shake yesterday at Red Robin, but it was brought to me later. That was one of the multitudes of the server not being alert and catering to my meticulous dinner habits with my visit as I previously mentioned. The thing that got under my skin was the burger coming shortly after I got my mandatory preliminary fries. I try to eat at least one serving of fries before the burger comes. I can normally eat two servings before the burger if they're prompt enough to get it to me.

back in college me and my roommates would take advantage of endless fries, order a burger eat half but nonstop refill baskets of steak fries. its been too long need to go back sometime soon.

starbucks has strawberries and creme frap, also pink drink (strawberry pieces + coconut milk and other stuff) also a violet drink (blackberry + hibiscus + coconut milk) and the strawberry acai refresher (basically an iced tea + strawberry pieces)

Taking advantage of unlimited fries is a clever way to save money at Red Robin because it eliminates the need or temptation to order appetizers.

That's why I stay meticulous with requesting fries before the burger is brought to me, so I can start filling up that way. My only costs are the milkshake, burger, and extra patty. I refuse to pay for other drinks, appetizers and other foods with my habits there.

I normally average eating three servings of fries there, two before the burger comes, and the default serving with the burger.

The StopAlong

All The Right Moves -
fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, garlic, e.v.o.o., basil, hot honey, spicy tomato sauce
IMG_20220227_164605__01.jpg

Stop-In Burger -
double cheeseburger with american cheese, caramelized onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, special sauce, on a brioche bun
IMG_20220227_164536__01.jpg

I like this place. 80's retro vibes. Got the check on a Duck Hunt cartridge. TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I think you'd like this joint.
IMG_20220227_163747.jpg

IMG_20220227_170508__01.jpg

That place has a nice '80s nostalgic gimmick to it.

therealest1 therealest1 That is so cool. You seem like the Red Robin expert. If I decide to go one day, would love to get from advice from you. What’s better than hearing from the best?

I'm no expert, I've just been eating there for many years and gotten used to it. I just figured what's good for myself and somewhat favorable. All it takes is time and experience with an establishment to know about it.

Went to Costco and told the worker in the food court I better get some onions or else I'm gonna whoop everyone's ***. Didn't get any onions but I chopped my own up at home later.
20220226_234412.jpg

Went to Boston in the middle of last week for my birthday. It was a quick trip, stayed overnight and left the next day. Went to Regina’s for pizza. Hit a cafe afterwards and went to Shojo. Hit Ogawa coffee in the morning.
BD68126D-F7BD-4654-99A6-44BACEB6C6D3.jpeg
47C01B6E-5FE9-4C18-801E-9DB2D32D1AB9.jpeg
e71c5348-db08-4f13-8f7b-e3d06aaa45e7-jpeg.2936114

E183D39D-709C-416A-9EA8-643966063763.jpeg
28860328-FEEF-46BF-B7A3-6533AA7CB54C.jpeg

Attachments

• E71C5348-DB08-4F13-8F7B-E3D06AAA45E7.jpeg
    E71C5348-DB08-4F13-8F7B-E3D06AAA45E7.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 178
One of the cool things about the Costco food court pre-pandemic was the chopped onion dispenser they had. Would use it for hotdogs, sausage & peppers, pizza, chicken bake.

20220228_000927.jpg

Sesame soy garlic drumsticks

20220227_220053.jpg

Vegetable stir fry with brocolli, carrots, green bean, onions etc

Did you put the frozen veggies into the stir-fry? I ask because the amount of liquid in the pan.

If yes, Try steaming the veggies first and then add them to the sauce/meat.

That place has a nice '80s nostalgic gimmick to it.

I'm no expert, I've just been eating there for many years and gotten used to it. I just figured what's good for myself and somewhat favorable. All it takes is time and experience with an establishment to know about it.
Where u eating today ?
Maybe we can link up and I can witness

places just be using Covid to excuse jacking their prices crazy on everything. Maybe its because Oklahoma is an agriculture state and a lot of meat is local, but I can get chicken wings for under 2.50 a lb from every grocery store in town except Whole Foods and Sprouts. Probably under $2 at the Chinese supermarket. Hell, they used to sell a whole chicken for 3 something.

places just be using Covid to excuse jacking their prices crazy on everything. Maybe its because Oklahoma is an agriculture state and a lot of meat is local, but I can get chicken wings for under 2.50 a lb from every grocery store in town except Whole Foods and Sprouts. Probably under $2 at the Chinese supermarket. Hell, they used to sell a whole chicken for 3 something.
Yeah that grocery store in the pic (Harris Teeter) usually high as hell to begin with

Back
Top Bottom