FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Many times. Do it regularly.
:nthat:

There used to be a place near here with all sorts of toppings. I used to go most Friday nights while my kids were at stuff - drop them off, burger and a shake and an hour’s work then pick them up. They got screwed on their rent though and it closed.

Fried egg on a burger was great. Mushrooms were good. Peanut butter was good - just don’t do it with an egg or mushrooms, that’s just weird.

Used to like a fried egg on a burger. Now i'd rather just have the egg yolk part and not the egg white part or a nice scrambled egg instead.

When I was in high school Fatburger had a burger with a fried egg and a sliced, grilled hot dog on top. Wouldn’t get something with all that going on now, but 15-18 year old me killed quite a few of them. :lol:

When I was in high school Fatburger had a burger with a fried egg and a sliced, grilled hot dog on top. Wouldn’t get something with all that going on now, but 15-18 year old me killed quite a few of them. :lol:

That’s like the standard at a Mexican burger place. Salchichas on everything. :lol:

All the burger talk almost went to Habit. I think they are underrated.
Went to El Pollo Loco instead to try their birria. It wasn't bad but I expected the quesadilla (more like a crunch wrap they way it's wrapped) to be bigger but it was no bigger than my palm. The packaging is A1 lol.
Minute Maid got in the aqua fresca game. Hibiscus is delicious. They have mango and strawberry as well. Not sure if they have watermelon and piña.
IMG_20220420_145153.jpg
IMG_20220420_145704.jpg

IMG_20220420_145612.jpg

All the burger talk almost went to Habit. I think they are underrated.
Went to El Pollo Loco instead to try their birria. It wasn't bad but I expected the quesadilla (more like a crunch wrap they way it's wrapped) to be bigger but it was no bigger than my palm. The packaging is A1 lol.
Minute Maid got in the aqua fresca game. Hibiscus is delicious. They have mango and strawberry as well. Not sure if they have watermelon and piña.
IMG_20220420_145153.jpg
IMG_20220420_145704.jpg

IMG_20220420_145612.jpg
That cilantro dressing is fire

Are there any Fuddruckers still around? I liked being able to put my own toppings on my burger as much or as little as I wanted.

The closest one to me in socal was all the way in Lakewood and they closed a long time ago.
I checked and all SoCal locations are done now. Last one standing was in Buena Park and it closed a few years ago.

Working at home today so put some beef ribs on at lunchtime. Just a salt, pepper and garlic rub.
YESSSSS!!!! I've always told my son that people destroy steaks & ribs by DOING 👏 TOO 👏 MUCH!!! Your ribs sound & look PERFECT.

-foe

Y’all ever have a burger with an egg on top? It’s pretty good I think.

You saying this like its a rarity. That being said, last time I had a fried egg on my burger (was a cemita) I had the worst food poisoning of my life. :sick: Was in my ex’ apt and she had 2 chick roommates an felt bad I was bombing the only bathroom. :lol: I was feeling too ****ty to go back home.

Back
Top Bottom